Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   The Scale..Friend or Foe????? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=162584)

laura** Tue, Jan-27-04 07:02

The Scale..Friend or Foe?????

I've been trying very hard not to let the numbers on the scale get me down if they don't move fast enough. I know it's just a number and I should judge it more by how I feel than what the scale says. I just can't help getting on the sacle everyday. HELP, I'm addicted to my scale!!!!!!!!!! lol :daizy:

adkpam Tue, Jan-27-04 07:05

Put it away!
I learned years ago not to own a scale at all. I do go over to my Mom's and weigh, but rarely.

danakins Tue, Jan-27-04 07:18

Laura, I know what you mean...I'm addicted myself. What's worse is it can totally change my whole outlook on life for the day. It's bad.

Your progress is fantastic! How long have you been working at it?

~Dana~

BlitzedAng Tue, Jan-27-04 07:20

I was a scale-O-holic so the thing went out the door.. I also only weigh myself at the doctors or at my sisters house.

Saundra Tue, Jan-27-04 08:26

I hate the scale. I've been doing this WOE since 11/03, and the scale has only moved 10#s, but I fit clothes I haven't fit in 2 1/2 years!
I threw it out. I would love to see smaller numbers, but at least I'm seeing them in my clothing size!
Sandy

Volgal Tue, Jan-27-04 08:29

Addicted to the scale? No biggie!! It's better than being addicted to the carbs!!

kingb123 Tue, Jan-27-04 09:15

true, but i'm addicted to the scale too and i don't like feeling so neurotic

JayceeMn Tue, Jan-27-04 09:29

I'm addicted to the ketostix, I love knowing that it's working when they turn pink--I've been pink for 18 days! I went on the scale a month ago, and I'm not going again until march! I'm excited to see that surprise!

dave11282 Tue, Jan-27-04 09:29

scales

after 2 week induction I am going to STICK to once a week, agree, scales can work against you.

Once a week should be fine.

Heres my top list in descending order:

1)clothing (esp. jeans)
2)tape measure for waist
3)ketostix
4)1x week weigh-in

any other ideas for gaining/measuring results?

:roll:

Dewi Tue, Jan-27-04 09:34

Friend, Scale addiciton is not a good thing..it will just get you depressed if you dont see any loss on a day to day basis.
Thats why my friendship with my scale is limited to Sunday mornings after Ive gone to the bathroom.

leslew5 Tue, Jan-27-04 09:43

I have gone through the first six months of my 2004 calendar and selected TWO days out of each month to get on the scale. So far for January it has worked for me!!! Just weigh yourself in the morning naked for the true weight. GOOD LUCK!

Moonwalker Tue, Jan-27-04 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by danakins
Laura, I know what you mean...I'm addicted myself. What's worse is it can totally change my whole outlook on life for the day. It's bad.

~Dana~

you are so right

laura** Tue, Jan-27-04 19:13

Thanks Dana. I've been doing Atkins since 4/03. I do have to admit though that I did fall off the wagon for most of the month of July and most of December. I found the holidays to be quite a challenge. Luckily I've been going stong since 1/01/04.I see your half way to your goal. That's great! How long have you been at it?

black57 Tue, Jan-27-04 20:18

I weigh daily. I think it is no big deal. I do not fret if it appears to not move. I know that there are inches and BF that is coming off. But, as soon as I lose an oz. I wanna know about it.

~krista~ Tue, Jan-27-04 21:26

Well, I've only owned a scale for a week now and it's been a wild ride. I was telling Laura (who is a friend in real life) that I was up 2lbs one day, down 3lbs the next and then up 3lbs that evening! lol. I'll let you know in another week whether I'm going to burn it or not. I guess if I don't get too depressed at the fluctuations I'll be okay.

ciao!