Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   After 1st 2 weeks Induction Does Weight Loss Slow Down? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=232048)

loveme Wed, Feb-02-05 16:43

After 1st 2 weeks Induction Does Weight Loss Slow Down?

After the 1st 2 weeks on Induction, if you choose to stay on Induction longer, does weight loss slow down or does it keep the same pace as the 1st 2 weeks? I look forward to your responses. Thanks.

becky25 Wed, Feb-02-05 16:44

typically you lose alot of water weight in the beginning, after that it tapers off a little, but you can be more sure that what you're losing is fat.congratulations on making it through induction!!!
becky

ouzogirl Wed, Feb-02-05 16:45

A good portion of the weight you lose during the first two weeks is water weight. That being said, you will starting losing a bit slower even if you remain on induction longer. For me, I lost about 10 pounds the first two weeks and then about 2 lbs a week after that.

HogarthNH Wed, Feb-02-05 17:07

The general guideline I've seen is that if you're not metabolically resistant, you can expect to lose 10% of the weight you need to lose during induction, and then will lose approximately 5% per month thereafter.

Your mileage may vary.

Lisa N Wed, Feb-02-05 17:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by HogarthNH
The general guideline I've seen is that if you're not metabolically resistant, you can expect to lose 10% of the weight you need to lose during induction, and then will lose approximately 5% per month thereafter.

Your mileage may vary.

That seems to be about the average. Also, it's quite common to experience a brief 1-2 week stall right after induction as well.

skinsgirl Thu, Feb-03-05 10:26

I have 45 lbs to lose. I have lost 10, which leaves 35. Will I now only lose 1 lb per week? Ah well, I guess it's better than gaining, right?

HogarthNH Thu, Feb-03-05 13:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsgirl
I have 45 lbs to lose. I have lost 10, which leaves 35. Will I now only lose 1 lb per week? Ah well, I guess it's better than gaining, right?

Probably less. 35 lbs at 5% per month is 1.75lbs per month, or about .43lbs per week.

It's better than gaining, and your health will be better for your efforts.

sol Thu, Feb-03-05 14:03

I so far have lost 6-7 kilos ( 15lbsish) in 24 odd days, 1st week was quick weight loss, but the last 2 weeks have been slower, im training at the gym too, i lost 6 lbs in the 1st week i think.
I was 28lbs overweight tho, so im halfway there already hopefully by april i will be nice n trim!

loveme Thu, Feb-03-05 23:47

Woah Sol!!! That's incredible!! Keep up the good work!

I just wanted to thank everybody for sharing. Please feel free to continue. I think it's kinda nice to know that it could be slow... but maybe not. Lol! I oddly find it reassuring. And to know that I'm on target, that's nice too.

Keep posting everyone. Share your Induction Tales. And thanks again, in advance.