Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Newbie needs support! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=108730)

luv2dance Tue, May-27-03 16:39

Newbie needs support!

Hello everyone,

:wave:

I'm looking for a buddy or buddies for help and support with LC. I'm in my third week on Atkins and it hasn't been easy. I am a 27 year old female. I'm in graduate school studying business. As for hobbies, I have tons of them. Some of my fav. hobbies include: all kinds of sports, art, going to plays and musicals, and of course music! I'm trying to lose about 35 pounds so if anyone has similar weight goals, please email me or post in this thread!

ScootrGirl Wed, May-28-03 08:53

Need a buddy too!

:daizy:
Good Day!
I am just returning to Atkins after straying due to stess/pressure - excuses - excuses - excuses.
Anyway - I lost almost 90 pounds previously and have put more than a few back on - so here I am for a re-start and support.
My hobbies include vintage scooters, music, dance (which I teach), and I am a water baby!

hometeachr Wed, May-28-03 10:08

I'll be your buddy

:wave: Hi! Looks like we have the same goal. How tall are you? I am about 5'4" and wondering if I have picked a good weight goal.
I have only been doing Atkins for 10 days now-still in induction, but have been sugar-free for years. TO me giving up sugar was the hardest part and the thing I am most likely to slip on by having "just a bite", and then I will snowball and be so mad at myself. With Atkins though, already the cravings are gone and I feel so much more energetic.

Do you have a date goal? I am aiming for August 4th because that is when school starts back. I homeschool my daughter and direct our homeschool cover so it is a hectic time and I want to be at goal by then.

I love reading, art, and going to yard sales.

Ktowns Wed, May-28-03 10:26

Hi! I'd love to participate!

I am just restarting (day 4) after a 9-month hiatus from Atkins. I gained about 15 lbs during that time!

I am 5'2" and have about 30 more lbs to lose.

Good luck!

-Kelly

luv2dance Wed, May-28-03 13:14

Thanks for responding everyone! :D

It’s good to know that there is support out there!

Here is some more info on me:

My goal is November 1, 2003. My best friend is getting married in November so my goal is to look good in my bridesmaid dress. But I’m not holding myself to that date, I’d be happy dropping any amount of weight. I am 5’3 ½” . I think 125 pounds is a good goal weight for me since I have a medium size frame. Actually I remember looking pretty good when I was 140 pounds a few years ago. But now I’m trying to get my BMI in the healthy range. I’m in my third week of Atkins and continuing with Induction.

I’m hoping to make LCing a WOL but I know I can’t do it alone. It’s nice to know that there are others out there with similar goals.

PM me and I will give you gals my email address. Let me know if the PM function doesn’t work, it wasn’t working yesterday for some reason. Or we can all chat in this thread! Talk to everyone later! :daizy:

hometeachr Wed, May-28-03 18:31

I can't get the PM to work. :(

ScootrGirl Thu, May-29-03 08:34

You have to have posted a few more times before your pm will work! Keep trying!

luv2dance Thu, May-29-03 16:01

Quote:
Originally posted by hometeachr
I can't get the PM to work. :(

I tried to PM you but a message came up stating you must have over 25 posts to PM.

I'm not familiar with this site so I'm not sure how to give you my email address w/o actually posting it in thread (which I'm not allowed to do). :confused:

Do you have AOL instant messenger?

hometeachr Thu, May-29-03 20:56

IM

I do have instant messanger-my screen name is originalteacher.

Thanks for the heads up on the PM.

So, how is everyone doing? Ready to face the weekend? That is my hardest part because my dh works nights and I am used to fixing seperate meals for us but on the weekend it's harder. He is one of those who can eat non stop anything he wants and not gain weight. Between him and my dd the weekend junkfest can be a bit trying to get through, but I think this weekend will be easier than last.

teric Fri, May-30-03 08:33

I need all the buddies i can get

Hi everybody,

I also need a buddy. I am 28 years old with a husband and 2 boys ages 5 and 2. I would like to lose about 27 lbs and am just getting ready to start induction. I love the junk food and chocolate is my biggest downfall so this is going to be extremely hard for me. I think it would be very helpfull to be able to support each other during these times. Let me know what you think.

Teri :wave:

ScootrGirl Fri, May-30-03 09:59

Good morning everybody!! How will we handle the weekend?
No cheats this weekend!!

luv2dance Fri, May-30-03 13:32

Re: I need all the buddies i can get

Teri:

I have to admit, the first week of induction was not easy for me. I was a sugar, pasta, and bread addict! I would eat oatmeal for breakfast, pasta and a sandwich for lunch, and then eat more pasta for dinner! For snacks, I would eat potato chips, ice cream, and other junk food. So of course it was tough beginning this program. Just get through induction and the cravings will go away!
There is sugar free chocolate out there but I recommend not eating any during induction. I made the mistake of doing that and did not lose a pound. Check out the recipe section for induction friendly desserts.
Good luck and whenever you feel tempted to cheat, just check out the forum! It will help out a lot! People on this forum are very supportive!

Definitely no cheating during the weekend (I hope)! :D

hometeachr Fri, May-30-03 19:52

I am a definite carb addict too. I could happily go without eating protien before this but since I got through those first days of induction I have felt much better eating this way. I have even gotten my mother interested in trying it out after seeing it work for me.
My DH is working this weekend so I get a break from his junkfest.
Monday I go to OWL if I have lost since last Mon(TOM this week) and I am excited about adding 5 more carbs! Unreal! I cannot even begin to figure how many carb grams I was eating just two weeks ago.

:roll: HANG IN THERE EVERYONE-YOU CAN DO IT!!!