Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Close to member number 1000 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=11859)

Bonnie Thu, Jul-12-01 14:35

Close to member number 1000

Ok, I have to ask Wa'il, we're very close to member 1000 and just wanted to know in advance if any bells or whistles would go off ;)

Bonnie

fiona Thu, Jul-12-01 15:54

Wouldn't it be great to give the 1000th member a gift (book or something small) and a welcome such as s/he would remember for the rest of his/her life! Not that the rest of us don't get a warm welcome anyhow but ....

Take care. :D ;)

tamarian Thu, Jul-12-01 16:21

Actually, we missed the bells and whistles by 10 members. ;)

User number 1,000 is golocarb

This happens because some members request to be removed, and occasionaly I register as new user and delete myself to test things out when we upgrade.

Let's think of the next milestone, user #2,000, first user to reach 1,000 posts (me :) ), first user to reach 2,000 posts?

Wa'il

doreen T Thu, Jul-12-01 16:36

Could it be scripted into the program, that member # 2000 or poster with 2000 posts will get the Whoosh fairy on every single forum page for the 24 hr period during which they have attained the said status?? ;) ... and/or special mention or their name shows up highlighted on the Forum home page. Something like that??

O Great and Magnificent Webmaster.

Karen Thu, Jul-12-01 20:15

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian

Let's think of the next milestone, user #2,000, first user to reach 1,000 posts (me :) ), first user to reach 2,000 posts?

Wa'il

That would probably be you too! ;)

Karen

fiona Thu, Jul-12-01 23:20

Ooooh having the whoosh fairy on me all day would be incentive enough for me. I come here at least twice a day anyway - sometimes just get carried away reading to contribute anything.

What's the reasoning behind the whoosh fairy? I'm beginning to think it might be different from what I have been thinking it is.

Do any of you believe in angels and fairies? I do.
Take care.

doreen T Thu, Jul-12-01 23:26

hi fiona,

A "whoosh" is when you plod along, lowcarbing faithfully, and nothing happening weight-loss wise .... then one morning you get up, step on the scales and WHOOSH, several pounds (kg) gone!! The Whoosh fairy makes it happen while you sleep ;)

Doreen

fiona Fri, Jul-13-01 00:20

Whoosh Fairy

Thanks Doreen.
:D
I am glad I asked. I shall be talking to the Whoosh Fairy before I drop off tonight - only just got up. She sounds like the sort of fairy that could be my very best friend for life !
Take care.

Karen Fri, Jul-13-01 21:49

OMG! At 8:51 p.m. PST, the count says 999 members!

Karen

Bonnie Sat, Jul-14-01 03:38

:) :D ;) :) :D ;) WELCOME DONNA :) :D :) :D ;) :D

iteachca Sat, Jul-14-01 14:53

Thanks! Did you reach 1000 yet?