Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   New! Need to loose 100 lbs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=144856)

shortstack Fri, Oct-24-03 21:55

New! Need to loose 100 lbs

Hello everyone, I am sure glad to see that there are other people just like me. I am new to this message board but I am sure getting some helpful tips. I would be greatful for any suggestions anyone could give me. I am a wife and a mother of three I work a fulltime job and have a very busy shcedule with my childrens activities at school. Both me and my husband are on atkins we are going to make this a life change. It has been a slow start but I am determined to do this.

Thanks
Brenda :)

ssibtain Fri, Oct-24-03 23:22

Welcome to this new WOE/WOL! I'm new myself, having only started five days ago. Things are going slow here too, and once I figure out everything that can possibly be tripping me up, it will all be fine. Once again, good luck and welcome to this forum!!!!!!

MisterE Sat, Oct-25-03 03:08

Welcome and well met! With 3 children you have 2 full time jobs! (Maybe 3!!!)

diemde Sat, Oct-25-03 06:41

Welcome to the TDC! :wave: This is the best way of eating I've ever found. It really works, so just keep doing it. Good luck!

Mossling Sat, Oct-25-03 12:51

Welcome to the best place I've found to keep on track. Everyone is cheering for you--and will help with those "down days", too. I feel like the TDC is another family (the good kind.)

Jude

mudknife Sat, Oct-25-03 13:25

Hi Brenda, welcome. The people on this board will support you and try to help if they can when you are down.

lorelei Sat, Oct-25-03 16:51

Welcome to the fourm Brenda. I'm sort of new here too, but I've found some really great people, and of course lots of great information and quite a few helpful resources. It definatly makes the transition to lowcarbing much easier to do. Everyone seems so willing to answer questions, and help solve problems. I have no doubt that it will help keep me on track too.

You didn't say how old your kids were. I have three, oldest is 13, middle child is 9, and our youngest is just 16 months. Our older children are eating lowcarb with us, adding a few carbs here and there if they feel like it. They seem to be showing signs of losing weight along with their dad and I. Glad to hear that your husband is doing this with you. It makes it much easier to have a buddy to support you through it. I've also found that I really enjoy seeing the happiness and satsifaction it brings my husband to lose weight and be in better shape... That way I'm not over focused on myself, and don't stress over the little things.

Anway, welcome to the wonderful world of lowcarbing...

liz175 Sun, Oct-26-03 05:00

Hi Brenda,

Welcome to the TDC. I also work full-time and have two kids at home, although my kids are teenagers which makes it easier in some ways and more difficult in other ways. The most difficult thing for me is finding time in my schedule for exercise, but I have decided that it is a non-negotiable priority and I just do it. While my husband is not low carbing, he has been supportive of the way I am eating and particularly supportive of my need to get out of the house and exercise five days a week (which some days means I don't get home from work until 8 or 9 p.m. if I stop at the Y on my way home). Having your husband doing this with you should be a big help -- he will have to be supportive!

alighterme Sun, Oct-26-03 07:08

Brenda,
Welcome! You will find some terrific advice and support here.

Tedmom Sun, Oct-26-03 07:14

Hi Brenda. I'm relatively new here too and can't tell you how much these forums have helped me to stay on track. I work full time and have a family too so I know how hard it is sometimes to make yourself a priority when you have so many other things grabbing your attention. I've started making time for exercise when I can and am even trying to recruit my family to join me on long walks. I also find that FitDay is a tremendous resource as well and it really helps to enter in all the food so that I can keep track of the carbs and calories. Best of luck to you! Julie.

LCchickFL Sun, Oct-26-03 10:50

Welcome to the group, Brenda. This is a great place for support!! With a busy schedule, your best bet is probably to cook extra food whenever you have time. Having meals that are ready to go on those busy days really help you keep from grabbing something HC that is just 'easier'. :)

Bjuba Sun, Oct-26-03 13:26

New - Need to loose 120 lbs.

I too have to loose a great deal of weight! Just started yesterday - today added exercise (only 10 Min) - in addition to having to loose weight I am lactose intolerant - cream actually makes me very ill. Are there alternatives to cream - many of the recipes on site and in the Atkins Eating for Life include cream!

Any help would be appreciated[FONT=Garamond][COLOR=YellowGreen]
:read:

JYounginer Tue, Oct-28-03 09:18

Hi Brenda, Welcome to the TDC! Here is the only "starting" advice that I can think of: variety. The more variety I add to the foods I eat the easier this WOL becomes. Best of luck to you!

cathy44 Thu, Jun-03-04 10:21

Hey Brenda.. I am new to this forum too, everyone has been very nice, I too, work full time, have a husband and 3 children... I have 2 teenagers, and a lucky little surprise baby- now 3 years old, I have a very busy life.. I've been doing Atkins for about 7 weeks now and have lost 13 lbs... its very challenging, but I am bound and determined to take all this weight off.. I have 87 more lbs to lose!!! Welcome Brenda!!!!