Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Fruit flavored waters with splenda...and the only 3 sweetners a day rule. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=125937)

vegasman Sat, Jul-26-03 20:48

Fruit flavored waters with splenda...and the only 3 sweetners a day rule.

I know you're only supposed to have 3 artificial sweetners a day, but how does this come into play with the fruit flavored waters that are 0 carb 0 calorie using splenda or sucralose?

I drink alot of regular water, seriously about 4 20 oz bottles a day on top of maybe 1-2 1 liter fruit flavored waters.

If drinking too many of these can stall me I will cut back and maybe have 1 just set aside for dinner.

Anyway what has been the consensus on these things.

TIA

MsAtt Mon, Jul-28-03 11:27

are you referring to "fruit 2O?" i love them! i didn't think there was a limit, as they contain no sugar and no carbs.

MsAtt

lburnikell Mon, Jul-28-03 12:09

To be honest I have been drinking water that contains sweetner with about 0.2 carbs and it hasnt stalled me!! (not that I am saying you should because we are all different!!) I would say its a case of what suites you best!! Trial and error

potatofree Mon, Jul-28-03 12:20

I think, personally, the 3 a day limit is for the packets, which contain about a gram of carbs each. The Splenda in the waters doesn't present the same problem.

If it doesn't set off cravings or stall you, go right on ahead. Personally, sweetened beverages take the place of high-carb sweets I would ordinarily be after.

vegasman Mon, Jul-28-03 15:33

Thx for all the answers,
Quote:
Personally, sweetened beverages take the place of high-carb sweets I would ordinarily be after.

potatofree, this is exactly what I've been using them for. To give me something sweet tasting to satisfy all the sodas I used to drink.

lburnikell Mon, Jul-28-03 16:47

here here potatofree, it certinatley helps

vegasman Mon, Jul-28-03 22:44

BTW I learned a valuable lesson in the label reading department.

I usually pick up my flavored water drinks at either the local grocery store 88cents for a 1 liter, or walgreens 3 for $2.00 *1 liters*, but I happened to be at wal-mart.

I saw all these different flavors and they just looked so enticing and only 50 cents apiece.

Well I bought 8 of them in various flavors to test them.

I was speaking to my father on the phone and he mentioned the wal-mart waters contained ASPERTAME!!!!

Well after drinking 3 or 4 of those I realized my mistake. Ugh!.

Well glad I can still get them a walgreens for 3for $2.00. Just thought I'd give a heads up just in case no one else noticed.

MsAtt Tue, Jul-29-03 09:05

...this reminds me of the splenda sweetened fruit drinks i found in california...there were no carbs, sugars, and they contained "aloe vera!" ...if anyone finds these please let me know the name and where you got them! they were soooo gooood, and i would put them in the freezer and get them right when they formed ice crystals... :yum: