Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   1st two weeks down a lifetime to go (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=106768)

Hatman Tue, May-20-03 14:04

1st two weeks down a lifetime to go

Well went to the scale at the end of two weeks, i always weigh myself at the same time about 5:00 at night (mornings i am lighter and i dont want to think i am loosing more weight then i am.
and 275 :) well it is that first step to 100+ lbs loss. 3/4' loss in chest, almost 1' in the caboose (has alot to loose :) ) , 3/4" in waist.

I realize that i will have stalls but a good start 12/bs so almost at the 10% to the tee.

A few things i have noticed.

I wake up at 6:30 after going ot bed at 11-11:30 and am not tired at all during the day.

It is 1:00 and i cant believe it is lunchtime and have to make myself stop to eat something.

I drink water like it is going out of style , with the added side effect of having a bladder the size of a pea (sheesh the people down the hall probably think i am stalking them lol) .

I went to movies, brought some almonds, pepperoni, cheese stick and water. My friend was buying popcorn and amazingly to me ( i am /was a popcorn aholic and escpecially at movies) it smelt terrible instead of that i must have this even though i just ate a big dinner smell.

Had a company meeting at a restaurant and i asked for a roast beef sandwich with cheese, lettuce, tomato, cucumber, pickle no bread. lol should have seen the look, NO BREAD, that sucks and i just smile and say well you eat your bread I will eat my roast beef :) .

My wife is getting mad at me during dinner time as i am in her way in the kitchen. I now officially have my side of the kitchen to prepare my meals :) .

Again these forums are a blessing and with them i see all the issues i have faced so far with good hints and tips.

for example
Walden Farms ketchup, this is better then regular ketchup imo.
Walden Farms bbq sauce same as abovve
Walden Farms ranch
all with 0 sug and 0 carbs

Makes eating meat so much better when you have ketchup.

anyways rambling now....

ScareBuff Tue, May-20-03 14:07

I tried that Walden Farms BBQ sauce last night with my steak. Is it just me or is it VERY sweet? I know it doesn't have the sugars, but my lord it was cloying!

Is that just my taste buds changing? I dipped maybe twice for the whole meal...

WTG on Induction and congrats on the weight loss so far!

Hatman Tue, May-20-03 14:15

yes both the ketchup and the BBQ seem sweeter then regular and i do not know why

I also use less then before but still to have a little with the meat especially at 5 bucks a bottle.

MisterE Tue, May-20-03 14:26

Congrats! Great start! :clap:

paradise Tue, May-20-03 15:36

:cheer: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Great going on finishing Induction. Gosh! To me, those first two weeks seem like they were eons ago (it's only been ten months)! Yes, it's now the start of a great and interesting journey for you. Happy LCing!!!

red1cutie Tue, May-20-03 17:46

Congrats Hatman! :Party: :Party:
You are through the toughest part. Good luck on the rest of this WOL!

Peace
red