Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   LC Research/Media (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Have your say in new questionnaire study (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161769)

SlimJackie Fri, Jan-23-04 10:33

Have your say in new questionnaire study

Here's your chance to have your say in an online questionnaire study being undertaken by the University of Surrey. The questionnaire is open to all, aims to find out about people's views of the Atkins Diet and includes a comments section at the bottom where you can expand on your views. The perfect opportunity for Atkins dieters and low carbers to make their existence felt! Some but not all the questions relate to the Horizon Atkins programme yesterday. You don't have to answer all the questions but if you didn't see the programme you might want to look at the full transcript first (which I mentioned in my previous post).

I don't think this board allows us to put actual urls but you can find the links from my website under News.

Jackie Bushell

ellemenno Sat, Jan-24-04 08:02

Wow, when doing a search for this survey, I ran across this little link over at Atkins Nutritionals. I'm surprised I missed that somehow.

In any case, here's the link for the survey. It's actually rather interesting.

tamarian Sat, Jan-24-04 08:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlimJackie
I don't think this board allows us to put actual urls but you can find the links from my website under News.

No that's fine. If you read this forum, you will find it's full of interesting links to research, studies and interesting news related to low-carbing.

What we do not allow is SPAM and commercial promotions.

Wa'il

SlimJackie Sat, Jan-24-04 12:18

Thanks for posting the Atkins link, Ellemenno - I hadn't seen that particular page either, even though I spend quite a lot of time on the Atkins site.

Jackie

odyssey Sat, Jan-24-04 17:04

Thanks very much for posting this.

Nancy LC Sat, Jan-24-04 20:25

I signed up for the Atkin's sponsered one. I must say, I was a little confused about how to answer the questions about eating bread and waffles and such. I assume they meant regular bread and waffles. I eat low carb baked foods all the time! Anyway, I just answered "no" to all those.

judyr Sat, Jan-24-04 21:45

Nancy
I signed up for the Atkin's sponsered one. I must say, I was a little confused about how to answer the questions about eating bread and waffles and such. I assume they meant regular bread and waffles. I eat low carb baked foods all the time! Anyway, I just answered "no" to all those.[/QUOTE]
Nancy I did the same thing with the fruit questions. I eat lots of fruit... if you count cucumbers, avacodos, tomatoes, etc. But I felt that they were really asking about the more traditional fruits like oranges, apples and bananas. I answered that I ate very little.

odyssey Sat, Jan-24-04 23:14

It says at the top of that page not to include the low-carb products you eat unless specifically asked about low-carb products so the low-carb breads, etc. that you eat wouldn't be counted for those questions.