Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hi TDC Newbie! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=111272)

Supastar82 Wed, Jun-04-03 20:24

Hi TDC Newbie!

Hi, I'm Cherice and I'm almost 21. Currently I weigh 327lbs. give or take a few lbs. I'm hoping to get down to about 130-135 eventually. I've tried before, but now I'm serious. I'm starting my new plan on Monday (Atkins) after I go grocery shopping this weekend, and in a few months I hope I can report to you guys that I've dropped some pounds. My weight can be contributed to genetics, depression, a sedintary lifestyle, and probably a food addiction. I look foward to getting to know you all!

allatonce Wed, Jun-04-03 21:16

Hi newbie

Welcome,you are going to feel great in 7 days..Just to give you a few laughs.I was a large girl all through school and then someone named me seacow.The pain of it all..Hang in there and let us love you till you can love yourself...

Chloë Mae Wed, Jun-04-03 21:34

Hello Cherice, :wave:

Welcome to the board. There is so much good information and encouragement here that will help you on your journey.

Hope I can be of some inspiration to you. :rose:

Dewdropt Thu, Jun-05-03 00:21

Yay! Finally someone close to my age and weight! I'm eighteen and way younger than most of the posters on here. Don't get me wrong, everybody's great, but it's different for people our age.

The first few days of Induction you might feel like crap, it's just carb withdrawls and it gets better real soon. After my fourth day I quite craving carbs at all. You'll probably lose alot during Induction, I did although not sure how much, I'm not currently using the scale. As of yesterday, 3 weeks into atkins, I have gone down 2 pants sizes. I think maybe it is easier when you're young.

Anyways, welcome and glad to meet you! Start a journal when you get a chance.

-Dewdropt

Stardust Thu, Jun-05-03 05:55

A big welcome to you!

You are going to do great in this WOL ... just wait and see.

Lorilynne Thu, Jun-05-03 06:10

Hi Newbie!

:wave: Cherice, Welcome to the board. Lots of support available.

tgill32177 Thu, Jun-05-03 06:36

I'm sooooo excited for you

Welcome Superstar!!!
(Love your name!!! :D )

I am sooooo excited to see that you are getting prepared for this journey to health. Wow! I wish that I had taken my weight in hand when I was your age. *sigh* Better late than never.

Welcome to TDC! We know you're gonna love it here. There are plenty of laughs, hugs and kisses to go around. (Watch out for MisterE's woof's ;) )

Keep us posted of your progress and let us know if you have questions.

Be blessed,
Tanya :rheart:

MisterE Thu, Jun-05-03 06:56

Welcome!
Regardless what the lovely (and talented...but that is another story) Tanya said above, my bark is worse than my bite. But my breath will knock you down! Watch out for Ketosis breath! Woof!
You are going to find some of the nicest and most sincere people you could hope for on this board and in these forums. (And then there is me to keep Tanya humble and DarB-doll healthy.)
I do wish you every success in your search for personal health. Listen to the folx who have been successful. Listen also to those who have failed. That is almost as important. Knowledge puts you in control of the decisions for your life!

Read the book, eat all the food on your chosen plan, drink the water, take your supplements, and read the journals of the people who have taken the journey ahead of you.

DWRolfe Thu, Jun-05-03 15:07

Welcome Cherice!

You've gotten some sage advice already here...readf the book over and over, eat what it tells you is OK to eat, get up and move around (even small amounts are more than you are doing now) and educate yourelf as much as possible about supplements and recipes.

Oh, and post often in the forum!

Good luck!

Donald :wave:

dcbrowne Thu, Jun-05-03 15:21

Its so exciting to embark on an adeventure such as this-Your youth is your advantage. Wish I knew about low carb at your age!!

Supastar82 Thu, Jun-05-03 23:11

Wow, thank you all so much for the kind words:). Just so you know I won't be around for the next few days because I'm going out of town. But come Monday morning I'll be a LC machine! I've got my Atkins book and I'm about 3/4 of the way done reading it so I'm prepared. I feel so inspired just reading your posts. This is the first time I can say I'm truely excited about losing weight. Thanks again.

P.S. How long does it take the bad breath to go away lol?

DWRolfe Fri, Jun-06-03 08:58

Quote:
Originally posted by Supastar82
P.S. How long does it take the bad breath to go away lol?

That's a tough one. It varies from person to person. I've been LCing for 18 months and I still have BB sometimes. But not nearly as bad as it was in the early days.

But welcome it...it is your stinky friend. It means things are going well (or that you need to brush ;) ).

If you do a search on the topic of ketosis breath or bad breath etc., you'll find a zillion threads addressing this situation.

BTW, one of my favorite bad breath stories from the forum was a member who wrote that her husband returned from a business trip, leaned in to kiss her hello and said, "Well, I can smell that you stayed on your diet while I was gone!" :lol:

Donald :wave:

thebigman Fri, Jun-06-03 12:29

A Big WELCOME

Hi Cherice,

Just to say hello and I hope you have a great weekend :thup:

Ellen-mom Sat, Jun-07-03 22:01

Welcome Cherise,

Keep us posted on your success.

You can do whatever you tell yourself you can do!!

Ellen :wave:

Zora Sun, Jun-08-03 07:22

Hi Cherice!! :wave: Welcome! Please know that you will find lots of encouragement, support, and information on this forum. Visit often and I wish you much success!! :)