Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Encouragement and Advice Needed please!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=47379)

Glitergirl Wed, Jun-12-02 15:35

Encouragement and Advice Needed please!!!!!

Hello everyone!!!

I'd appreciate any help anyone can offer me. I'm at my wits end. I'm putting in the effort and getting no results!!!! I've been following this WOE now for a few months or so and all the weight/water that I lost in induction has piled back on!!!!! I'm in a worse position than when I started and I'm still following the diet and working hard at it..........Ekkk!!!

The first couple of weeks went fantastically. I could feel the hollows in my cheeks getting hollower and my hipbones rising through my skin more and more each day. After 3 weeks of what I consider effort - having to pack breakfast, lunch and dinner off to work instead of heading to the local supermarket and grabbing a premade salad or sandwich, I went off the diet for a weekend. I made the decision consciously and rationally ( a better decision for me than inevitably breaking it in a moment of weakness) as I was going to Paris for a romantic weekend. Got back, resumed the diet (no bread, no pasta, no rice, no sugar) and the weight has piled back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!! PLUS SOME!!!!!!!!!!!

Help!!!!!!

I'm still working hard at the diet. Limit myself to salads, fish, chicken and mayo, the occasional chinese (with no rice of course!) although I do have the occasional vodka with diet soft drink. I do feel better and no longer have that sleepy, woozy feeling I get when eating carbs (just 1 sandwich is enough to get me back there, scare myself and put myself back on the diet.).

My issue is, in our society you must admit that cutting out carbs is HARD WORK. I can't eat most things prepackaged in supermarkets, or on restaurant menus. With a busy lifestyle it does entail putting in a fair amount of effort to cut out the main carbs.

I'm young (well 28) and therefore my metabolism should not be too screwed up. My diet is fairly restricted and still I am not losing weight!!!!!!!! What is the problem!!!!! I'm very close to giving up!!!!!! (I'm thinking there are hidden carbs somewhere. I'm going to my journal and work out my carb intake over the last couple of weeks. If you'd care to stop by I'd be very grateful!!!!)

By the same token, I already survive on a very limited diet. (Eggs for breakfast, {no easy cereal for heavens sake}, tuna salad with mayo and tomato for lunch and fish and green veges for dinner) I do still need the occasional treat of a few drinks on the weekend with friends. I can't cut out everything and exist on lettuce and tuna alone! I already have to turn down most food and drink offered to me!!!!!

Can anybody offer any advice? I'm at my wits end and ready to give up....

Thanks for your love,
Glittergirl
(PS. Does anyone know how to change your profile and add a photo? I've looked but can't seem to find the right button.) :confused:

tofi Wed, Jun-12-02 16:34

Changing your profile: go to the top of this page & look over on the right side above the first post. There are a bunch of little pictures (icons). The one on the left is Profile. click on it and the board will magically take you to YOUR profile.

There is a row of words across the top, including Edit Profile. Click on that and a screen will open where you can change all your stats and information.

Adding a photo: if you mean the ones under your name, this is an AVATAR. You need to go down to the bottom of the "Edit Profile" page to find "Avatar". Click on "Change Avatar" and a screen will open that will allow you to attach a file. (You must scan or get a photo and save it as a .jpg or .gif This will all be made clear on the avatar page.

Now I'm going to your journal.

:wave:

dbackdeb Wed, Jun-12-02 17:04

Glitergirl,
Don't get too discouraged yet! Sounds like you need to add more veggies to your meal plan. I am also a slow loser, but I found out that when I added weight lifting and cardio, that the pounds started to move, have not lost a lot more but my clothes are smaller. Small clothes do me fine!
If you saw the movie Joe Dirt, he says,"You got to keep in keeping on". Best of luck, Debra

Meg_S Tue, Jun-18-02 16:18

frustrated

Glittergirl, have you ever looked at the site www.fitday.com ?
It is great becasue you can see exactly what you're eating, and how it compares to your personal goals. eg: am I eating enough fat, protein, calories etc.

Another thing I would recommend as something you should never do without is regular exercise. I mean resistance training, as well as limited cardio. (I say limited because too much will interfere with muscle growth)

Are you familiar with Body For Life? They have some great forums in here where people are following the Body For Life exercise program, and eating lowcarb along with it. Exercise is something relatively new in my life and I am realizing I cannot "live" without it. I can survive, but the mind/body connection which I have now, and have never experienced before is priceless!

I am really bad at sticking to things, so I have to made short term plans and goals. Ya.. I eventually want to be a certain size and at a certain fitness level but I cannot stick to things if I look so far ahead. Right now what I've done is made up an intense 1 month plan to follow, with rewards when I have finished. After that I can relax, (still low carb!!!) for a week or so and then set my sites on another goal.

Good luck!
Meg