Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MacDonald's (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=53269)

vbrowne Mon, Jul-29-02 11:50

MacDonald's

Hi everyone - a really quick question. I work close to a McD's and don't mind the food - I bring my lunch most days, but getting a little bored. I thought I could go get a double cheese burger (w/o ketchup & bun) and a salad. Do you think this is a good or bad idea. It's a nice cheap lunch and something different. I just don't want to screw anything up. I just don't know if McD's burgers are pure meat , or full of bread crumbs or something else.

Thanks.

Kayceecan Mon, Jul-29-02 12:25

Mcdonalds

I just checked at mcdonalds.com......their nutrient list states 0 carbs for their meat patties. You might want to go to their site and check it all out. Look under the nutritional info...and download their file to acrobat reader. Most all the fast food places list their nutritional info online.... :wave: Good luck
K.C.

gary Mon, Jul-29-02 12:58

Where's the Beef!

McDonalds used to use meat with 85% ground chuck and 15% fat, no grissle. That was back in the early 1970's. Fast food is one of the reasons that made doing Atkins easy for me!

Sounds like you have a plan! :spin:

vbrowne Mon, Jul-29-02 13:00

thanks for the reply, it's good to know for sure. Now I can have a guiltless fast food lunch and not worry.

gc1 Mon, Jul-29-02 18:33

I get Wendy's triples on occasion and make them carb friendly

Rkhinman Mon, Jul-29-02 18:48

Vbrown, go for it!!

I usually have 3 doublecheeseburgers (without buns) with a thing of spring water.

At night when I check my ketones, Im still moderate to dark.

Heck, sometimes I even have their 99 cent bacon, egg, cheese biscuits for breakfast....its all good!!

Sydneynoel Mon, Jul-29-02 22:21

I do it all the time and still lose

GO FOR IT!!!!!!!!!!! McDonald's, Wendy's, Burger King.......it's all good!!!!!!!!!! :D

vbrowne Tue, Jul-30-02 07:05

Holy cow, whoever thought all these things were okay to eat, thanks for all your input - I'm off to McD's for lunch today, yum yum.

gary Tue, Jul-30-02 09:49

Red Meat

The only thing to caution is that you may want to alternate the cheeseburgers with other choices like chicken and fish. Red Meat in moderation should be OK. There are studies that show other ill effects from eating a steady diet of it. Like the old saying all things in moderation. The only problem I have had is that they put the cheese on top which gets stuck to the bun. If they put lettuce and tomato on top - that helps. :wave:

Azlocarb Tue, Jul-30-02 14:43

Jack in the Box "Ultimate Bacon Cheesburger" minus the bun is my favorite fast food. Two patties, two slices of cheese, two strips of bacon and mayo. Tasty! They also have a decent salid and the ranch dressing only has a few carbs.

KTiki Tue, Jul-30-02 19:16

:yum: I like Wendy's junior bacon cheesebuger for 99c, you get lettuce, tomato and 2 strips of bacon with each patty, Yum

Deirdre Tue, Jul-30-02 20:46

Just watch the salad dressing at McDonald's - most of it is low fat. I think the lowest carb is the tomato pesto.

vbrowne Wed, Jul-31-02 08:02

The salad dressing is all low fat at McDonald's, I give that to my co-worker and bring my own full fat dressing for the salads.

swtsandy71 Thu, Aug-01-02 17:23

I get 2 of the double cheeseburgers :yay: quite often and when i first started that what I ate all the time and never had any problems!!!

dawnb Fri, Aug-02-02 10:36

when i order from mcdonalds i just say:

two doublecheeseburgers, no ketchup, no onions, no bun.

if they have trouble understanding that way i say, i just want the meat, cheese and mustard please.

They just put it in in a chicken nugget box and give me a fork!

no cheese sticking to the bun and no tiny extra carbs from the ketchup i can't quite scrape off!

dawn