Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Something happened to me?!?!? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=161782)

allibaba Fri, Jan-23-04 11:55

Something happened to me?!?!?

I always have either 2 eggs and 3 slices of bacon OR a Mock Danish for breakfast. Well today, I figured I'd try out my new Designer Whey and Smoothie maker.

I made...

1 scoop whey
1/4 cup frozen mixed berries
8 oz water
1/8 cup of Raspberry DaVinci Syrup
4 ice cubes
1 Tbsp Heavy Cream

Anyway, ever since I drank that I feel like I can barely keep my eyes open! I am literally worthless! I did my exercises this morning before I drank it and felt fine until about 1/2 hour after I finished it. Do you think it was the smoothie or I'm just whipped today for some reason? Since this WOE, I have had great energy and feel all around better.
Thanks,
Alli

scorpio381 Fri, Jan-23-04 12:09

Maybe it was because of the sugars they add to frozen berries?

cmcole Fri, Jan-23-04 12:56

That's why I freeze my own when they are in season.

For ease in separation later, freeze them on a cookie sheet (strawberries or softer fruit) and then put them in whatever container you are using to store them.

Kaillean Fri, Jan-23-04 13:02

I have no problems with my shake, which is very similar. It's been my main breakfast since week 3.

1 scoop Designer whey
.5 c plain yogurt
4 ice cubes
1/4 c. raspberries for a few strawberries (frozen, no sugar)

I don't use any extra sweetner, as the Designer Whey already has splenda, plus whatever is in the berries.

allibaba Fri, Jan-23-04 19:41

Well, I finally feel better. I ended up eating lunch and crashing for an hour or so. I can't believe how horrible I felt. I really wanted to start adding fruit back into my diet but I'm afraid to now :( The bad said no added sugar, but for each serving which is 3/4 cup (I only had 1/4 cup) there are 11 grams of sugar. What does that mean? On fresh berries would there be any grams of sugar for natural sugars? Sorry to be so dumb about it.
Thanks,
Alli
Thanks,
Alli

ozarkren Fri, Jan-23-04 22:01

1 scoop whey
1/4 cup frozen mixed berries
8 oz water
1/8 cup of Raspberry DaVinci Syrup
4 ice cubes
1 Tbsp Heavy Cream
======================
Did you use sugar free syrup or the regular?

WendyLynn Fri, Jan-23-04 22:12

All fruits contain sugars naturally (hence the sweet taste).

allibaba Fri, Jan-23-04 22:25

I used the SF syrup. I figure all fruit has natural sugar I am just trying to find somewhere that will tell me how many grams per cup of strawberries per say. I think I'll wait a few days then try it again when dh is home in case it happens again. I really enjoyed it until afterward.

Alli

Kaillean Sat, Jan-24-04 00:23

In the beginning, you're probably better off with strawberries or raspberries. The mixed berries usually have blueberries and blackberries which are a little carbier.

You can get counts of all the foods at www.fitday.com - it's a great way to track your intake. Don't give up on the fruit!

allibaba Sat, Jan-24-04 07:53

Thanks for the input. It did have blue and black berries in it. I do use FitDay but it doesn't give you the sugar grams. I'll keep looking into it to see what I can find out. I do have some strawberries that I froze a bit ago, I'll use them next time.

Alli :)