Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Emotional Issues & Body Image (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=121)
-   -   Am I being silly or what?! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=48487)

Lessara Sun, Jun-23-02 10:48

Am I being silly or what?!

Does anyone else just want to scream
"Does anyone out there love me?!"

Lessara Mon, Jun-24-02 09:00

oK oK

What I was trying to say, have you ever had days when you thought everyone was against you? You know, Murphy Days.
Yesterday. I came in the first time on a weekend to my new work.
I was given a code for the alarm and a key.
First of all, the key is a bank key in other words not like a normal key but more differcult to use. (Like, who knew a key could be differcult?!) Then when I put my code in the alarm panel, guess what?! The alarm went off. I had to call my boss and explain why I couldn't hear her due to the sounds of the alarms. Finally I get the darn thing off. (After a half hour). After a half hour, There was a knock at the door of my work. As I walked over to the door, I tripped over a pizza box left by my co worker and stumbled to the door, There at the door, was a police officer. Just great. Oh did I tell you that I was wearing a slightly ragged t-shirt and cut off capri pants? Well it was hot and well, you know.. I was barefoot too. So the police office questioned that I was actually a person who worked there and took down my name. Triff.
Then the alarm company called, need I go on. So that's why I wrote what I wrote.
So its your turn tell me about your Murphy moments.. please?

Talon Mon, Jun-24-02 10:14

Work on a weekend: Me, pony tail, no makeup - coworker left building, set alarm. It was a silent alarm. So me (sans shoes) is walking down a hallway, dancing, and drinking a soda. Suddenly I notice a face pressed to the window - it was the police and it was snowing outside. Fortunately since I knew how to turn the alarm off, he let me go. Then I had to call the alarm company and tell them Yes, everything was fine. Then I called the maintenance guy, to tell him to disregaurd the alarm.

My work is close to the airport, one Sunday before leaving for a business trip, I decide to stop by work and get a sweater I had left. Key got stuck in front door, would NOT budge, no amount of pulling, pushing, cussing or cajoling would move it. I had to call the, then in charge guy who told me "I dunno, just call someone". I called locksmith, changed my flight to a later one, and waited. Locksmith got here, squirted a little carbon in the lock and pulled the key out.... Aiyaya.

I named one of my pets Murphy, I figured if you can beat them, join them. :)

destro Sat, Jun-29-02 11:19

Hey there, Lessara! I totally identify with your posts and really cannot give you much more information because I feel that EVERY day is one of those days for me! So I need to deal with it as best I can---with a sense of humour and try to laugh at myself when I get too histrionic and tragical.

It also helps for me to remember that most people probably don't notice things as much as I would like to think in my most paranoid thinking. I should remember that I am not the center of anyone else's universe, and people are generally so self-absorbed that they don't notice me.

Or if they do: what's wrong with being a buffoon!

But mostly, I don't want to be loved, I want to be invisible!

Lisa in MD Wed, Jul-03-02 11:27

Destro, I so agree

I absolutely do not want anyone to notice me, comment on my weight loss, etc. I don't like feeling like I'm the center of anyone's attention, it's a very uncomfortable feeling for me. I'm a people watcher, I like to watch people but the idea of someone actually watching me gives me the willies:)

nikkil Wed, Jan-08-03 06:38

I, too, have crazy things happen that usually have to do with the fact that I work night shift in a hospital so that by the time relief staff are coming in in the morning and patient's start arriving for surgery, I've been awake something like 18 - 22+ hours and I am definitely not firing on all cylinders. But, does that occur to anybody else??? NNNOOO, they all just think I'm a dope!!! OH, well..... :D :D :D