Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   TDC Fitness Challenge Sign Up Thread (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173039)

AntiM Tue, Mar-16-04 07:33

TDC Fitness Challenge Sign Up Thread

The Fifth TDC Fitness Challenge!

A group of your fellow TDC members decided to form our own challenge last year, and it’s been a great motivator to make a real commitment to exercise. Our goals have been to increase our physical fitness over the course of eight weeks without incurring any kind of injury.

Some of us felt overwhelmed by other fitness challenges on the forum, some too intense, some too specific, and some with participants trying to match the measurements of a Barbie doll.

There is no minimum level of activity here that is too small. For that matter, no maximum level, either. Whether you're a seasoned athlete or fitness newbie, we can encourage each other to do our best.

The TDC Fitness Challenges are not about going from 'no activity' to 'stair-stepping for 120 minutes straight' in two months. We want to take reasonable steps to improve our health and stay motivated enough to keep moving.

Here's a link to the Fourth Fitness Challenge to see what they've been like.

Our New Challenge starts Friday, March 19th and will continue for eight weeks. Why not join us? We’d love the company!

Sign up here and I’ll contact you when the official thread is open on the Countdown, Buddies and Challenges sub forum.

brdgrl Tue, Mar-16-04 09:32

Hello,
I'm definitely in on this one. Am trying desperately to find motivation. Have been having many minor crises (and a few major ones) that resulted in no exercise and eating off my plan. Am looking forward to being part of a supportive fitness community.
Birdgirl

orchidday Tue, Mar-16-04 10:12

Count me in!!! The weather is still cool enough to walk for a couple of months and I would love to participate in the TDC challenge.

Orchid

MISSRED197 Tue, Mar-16-04 10:35

:cheer: Ordinarily I don't do well with physical challenges, but I need to get off my butt and do some exercise. So, I wanna join!!!!!!! :cheer: What do I gotta put? What do I gotta do? LOL, I sound like a child!

~Becky

Paris Tue, Mar-16-04 10:41

Count me in, please! :)

ButterflyA Tue, Mar-16-04 10:46

Count me in too, please! :)

kenkobiz Tue, Mar-16-04 10:48

I would like to be part of this one also!

Rocky_Cdn Tue, Mar-16-04 10:48

Yes, count me in too! :yay:

Rocky

meltinaway Tue, Mar-16-04 12:50

Ok, I am definetely in this one. I can only do aerobics right now though, I get enough weight lifting every time I stand up. :lol:

Charran Tue, Mar-16-04 12:53

I'm definetely in and thank-you so much Monika for doing this again!

hummelda Tue, Mar-16-04 13:07

Count me in !! The 4th TDC challenge has had a huge impact on my life!! Thanks so much Monika! You are an angel!

rosey1 Tue, Mar-16-04 13:10

count me in also.

crysania Tue, Mar-16-04 13:14

I wouldn't miss it :)

Ellen-mom Tue, Mar-16-04 14:23

Okay, I'm in.

ValerieL Tue, Mar-16-04 14:47

I hate exercise! I'll have to think about it. Lord knows I should!

Valerie