Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Success Stories (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=86)
-   -   results after three months (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=81176)

windy Sat, Jan-18-03 18:04

My results after three months...

1 Attachment(s)
I am not sure I know how to do this but will try.

I have been on the LC plan for three months. I have lost 33 pounds and feel wonderful. I am eager for warmer weather so I can get out and bike and swim and get more pounds off and a firmer me. go to Curves three times a week and love that. It has really helped with my weight loss journey also.

I am going to try to send a picture from this November and one from Jan 4th. Not sure it it will work but am trying.

I think I have them here, at least it shows I found the ones I want. I will try to post this and see if they show; if not I will have to try again later.

have a good evening,

it said it was too big so will send this one and then send the one from Jan.

Windy

windy Sat, Jan-18-03 18:17

January 4, 2003 picture

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the picture from January 4th 2003. I have really had to keep making it smaller and smaller to send. I thinkgyou will be able to see the difference in two short months.

Windy

mandyjo412 Sat, Jan-18-03 21:01

Looking Good!

you look great, I am getting ready to start this, let me ask are you eating any bread at all? I love bread and I know that there are low carb breads out there, what are some of the snacks you eat?I live in Kentucky, well talk to you later, bye

windy Sun, Jan-19-03 07:32

Mandyjo I do not eat much bread, really none at all. I do bake
Dr. Atkins bread and slice it and freeze it. I have only made two loaves in three months and most of the first I had to throw away as it molded. It is a moister bread than most so freezing is a must.

For snacks I eat pork rinds, celery filled with low carb peanut butter or cream cheese, chibes and onions. I will have sugar free jello with real whipped cream, almonds and macadamia nuts. I love the the decaf flavored hot teas and fix a big cup of that and sit here by the computer.

I also go to Curves three times a week. I eat meat, fish, poultry, eggs, bacon, ham, sausage, vegetables and have now added some berries with whipped cream.

This woe is so wonderful because you can eat things that before have been taboo if you wanted to lose weight, or so they told us!! :(

I do ocasionaly have a very, very small baked potato. I would say this is the thing I miss the most. I used to be able to have the baked potato and could not have the real butter and sour cream, now I can have the real butter and sour cream and not the potato. As I add more carbs to my daily amount I will be able to have more things. It so worth the wait to see what I can have and won't be able to have.

I have realized that now when things upset me I do not turn to food for comfort. It is so nice to know that this will be forever.

Good luck with this and let me know how you do.

Windy

DWRolfe Tue, Jan-21-03 21:27

Great job!

Windy, you look great! The weight loss is very noticable!

I hope you won't mind, but I took the liberty of merging your two threads. This way, the pictures you posted show up in the right order...largest to smallest...your weight, I mean! ;)

Keep up the good work!

Donald :wave:

MaineDaddy Wed, Jan-22-03 12:56

Looking Great Windy!!

What a difference!!
You must feel Great!

Question? Has the loss been steady or has it been stop and go?
I am on my second week of induction and Atkins had been very good to me!!

Congratulations!!

Shane aka MaineDaddy

chemlady Wed, Jan-22-03 13:30

You look great. what a difference 33 pounds makes. I had to lose 60 before anybody even noticed. You should be so proud of yourself. You go girl!!!!!!!!!!
Laurie

windy Wed, Jan-22-03 19:05

Donald that is fine with the pictures.I do not know how to get both on the same page. I had to keep playing to get one that was the right size they wanted to get it on the page.

Thank you so much for the compliments. I really do love this and I am having such an easy time with it. I will rememher this so that when I reach a plateau I will not get upset.
Shane I have been lucky so far and it has been a pretty steady loss. I also go to Curves three times a week. When nice weather gets here I want to go biking with my husband. I will have to keep up on how you do with this. Donald has doen fantastic.

Thank you Laurie, I am proud of myself and sometimes that is hard to say. Have always been taught not to toot your own horn but I feel so wonderful and I want to share with everyone. I am quick to tell people when they ask. I hope some will take the leap and try for theirselves.

have a good evening every one. Donald I am thinking and saying prayers for you family.

Windy(Linda)

deze Wed, Jan-22-03 23:58

;) Windy!

Lookin good! wow, must feel good to see such results! That is encouraging!

Keep up the good work!
Go Girl!

jodi

Kristine Fri, Jan-24-03 20:18

Hi Linda! Wow! That looks like *more* than a 33 lbs loss. :cheer: You've lost a lot of inches! <b>WTG!!</b>