Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Waist-line challenge (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=272060)

avnndd Mon, Oct-31-05 15:41

Waist-line challenge

Hey...anybody out there having some "dunlap" problems...you know, where your tummy dunlapped over your belt???

Well, here's the challenge: Between now and Christmas, let's see if we can take off some major inches!

I'll be measuring tonight and posting tomorrow, along with my goal.

Anybody in with me on this?

CindyG Mon, Oct-31-05 15:46

Oh... I'm in!! I want to see a few more inches gone from my waist :lol:

Current measurement is 40" I hope it's closer to 36 by Christmas... hey Santa... I'm gonna need a new belt!

SugarFluff Tue, Nov-01-05 00:47

Ooh, I wanna play!

I was just thinking today about my own "dunlap" problem when my jeans were loose everywhere but my stomach (where they were too tight).

I'll measure in the morning to get an idea of where I am and where I think I can realistically be by Christmas.

CindyG Tue, Nov-01-05 10:34

Hi Sugar!! This should be fun! I'm going to post measurements probably weekly. Hopefully I'll be able to see some results!

avnndd - Did you get your measurements yet?

Hmmm wonder where everybody is hiding? I thought there'd be a few more of us by today.

avnndd Tue, Nov-01-05 13:44

I forgot! I'm guessing, though, about 40 ish...my pants are only 34s, but the measurement at the belly button has been, er, problematic at best. I'll double check. My goal would also be around 36 by Christmas.

SugarFluff Tue, Nov-01-05 15:40

Ok, I measured around my belly button this morning and the measurement was 36 so my goal will be 33 by Christmas.

This is going to be just as motivating as repeating my wedding date whenever I want to binge has been thus far!

Annalee Tue, Nov-01-05 17:53

I'd like to join. I have to measure tomorrow. We are only measuring waistline right?

SherryJ Tue, Nov-01-05 22:24

Aaron! DON'T guess, Bubba! You started this... do it right! I expect a measurement tomorrow, NO later!!! :D

And... I'm in! :agree:

Sherry

avnndd Wed, Nov-02-05 10:17

Hey, Sherry...I thought I'd gotten rid of you over here....hehehe

OK, I measured...39.5" is my starting point.

SherryJ Wed, Nov-02-05 11:48

Well, ya didn't! :lol: Aren't you glad? :lol:

My waist is 41.25" as of this morning...

Sherry

Kaizan Wed, Nov-02-05 14:26

"dunlap problem" *snort* how funny, I'd like to play too! I'm at work and strangely enough don't have a measuring tape with me. WIll do it tonight. Question - when you guys measured, did you measure your "true" waist..or the fattest part where the belly uhm...dunlapped over?

arnie Wed, Nov-02-05 15:29

Whittle the middle

I'd like to join the challenge. My waist is 39inches and my goal by Christmas is 36inches. Let's get busy!!!

SherryJ Wed, Nov-02-05 16:32

Kaizan, I measured my natural waist, but also took the "dunlop" one too! :D

Sherry

Kaizan Wed, Nov-02-05 17:37

Thanks Sherry!

avnndd Wed, Nov-02-05 17:43

Measure at your belly button...that's where I did...ok, not at YOUR belly button, but you know what I mean...