Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   George Foreman grill - thanks for tip! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176296)

triplemom Thu, Apr-01-04 12:19

George Foreman grill - thanks for tip!

A week or so ago, there was a thread about the George Foreman grill and some clean-up tips. I just wanted to say that I lined mine with foil for lunch to cook a small steak, and it came out perfect! (I did spray the foil with a little Pam). I even still had the the little grill marks! I let it cool with the lid open and just took the foil off and trashed it! No clean up! Thanks sooooo much for the tip! Makes me want to bash my head and say "now why didn't I think of that..." :bash:

myagenda Thu, Apr-01-04 12:21

What a great Idea! I think I will try that. I love to use my grill but hate the clean-up. Thanks

mom2casnat Thu, Apr-01-04 12:31

Thank you thank you thank you for this post!!! I love my grill but my husband and I always fight about who's going to clean it! I guess I'll volunteer to clean it now!

DianaO Thu, Apr-01-04 13:31

I love mine!!! I just use a papertowel then a soapy sponge... Never had a problem.

babydoll23 Thu, Apr-01-04 13:53

does the grease still drip down if you line it in foil? the grease pan on ours got a hole in it from the dishwasher so we have to put a plate under it now.

adukart Thu, Apr-01-04 14:31

Do you put the foil on the top and the bottom? and like babydoll said how does the grease drip down or does it?

triplemom Thu, Apr-01-04 15:16

On the bottom part, I wrapped the edge of the foil under the bottom of the grill in the front (the sides really don't matter) so everything just goes in the drip pan like normal. Uh, I would suggest doing this before you preheat or you'll never get the foil wrapped (almost pulled that one myself). I preheated it then, sprayed the foil with a little Pam, put my meat on, and just laid the a top piece of foil over the meat. Close the lid and cook like normal. When it cools, you can just fold the foil up and toss it! I've always cleaned mine with wet paper towels while it was still warm, and I still thought it was kind of a pain, but there was nothing to it with the foil!

wils Thu, Apr-01-04 19:06

I do something similar to Dianao, I just take a very wet paper towel to it while it's still warm and wipe it towards the grease cup and it comes of easily.

northwiz Thu, Apr-01-04 20:56

Thanks, I'll try that for the grill too. Foil is great too for the cookie sheet when you put buffalo wings in the oven, too. And one more tip - since I really hate to clean: if I broil steaks or anything similar, I do it in an 8 inch square pan that had a teflon-like coating - I've just moved the upper oven rack permanently up a notch. The little pan is permanently warped, but I was never going to bake another cake in it. And it's so much easier to clean than a whole broiling pan top and bottom.