Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   How much weight did the Thanksgiving cheaters gain? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=151349)

pjo1966 Fri, Nov-28-03 11:05

How much weight did the Thanksgiving cheaters gain?

I went off Atkins completely for Thanksgiving. I knew full well what I was getting myself into and enjoyed every bite. I usually only weigh myself on Mondays, but I weighted in Thanksgiving morning at 155. Today I'm back up to 158. This set me back a week, but it was a delicious meal. No regrets.

JuanValdez Fri, Nov-28-03 11:08

I'm happy to say, I havn't gained a pound :)

4beans4me Fri, Nov-28-03 11:11

Nothing gained here :)

pjo1966 Fri, Nov-28-03 11:18

Perhaps I gained because I didn't just fall off the wagon, I launched myself off. I ate as if there was no such thing as Atkins, including going back for seconds on just about everything.

Actually, considering the amount of sugar I ate yesterday, I'm surprised I don't have a massive headache or cravings.

JuanValdez Fri, Nov-28-03 11:22

You'll be find, just get back on your regular diet. You'll see those excess lbs drop :)

Quest Fri, Nov-28-03 11:31

Can you really tell by the change in your weight overnight if you've gained?

pjo1966 Fri, Nov-28-03 11:36

Both days I weighed myself as soon as I got out of bed, wearing only shorts. The scale doesn't lie.

ItsTheWooo Fri, Nov-28-03 12:35

The weight you gained on the scale is probably mostly water. Each gram of carb you eat your body stores water for in muscles.

You may have packed on some fat, but unless you were eating like a non-human or something I doubt you stored 10,500 calories as fat.

ItsTheWooo Fri, Nov-28-03 12:37

As for me, yesterday I totally splurged. I went up to 45 carbs and 2200 cals :(. I felt bloated and uncomfortable, but no weight gain from what I can see. Today I am going to do a semi-fat fast to compensate.

pjo1966 Fri, Nov-28-03 12:38

I'm sure it's mostly water, although I'm sure I was eating like Taz again.

mel92 Fri, Nov-28-03 12:44

The only thing I changed for Thanksgiving meal last night, was adding a 1/2 cup of stuffing and a 1/2 cup of potatoes and gravy. Since I limited my portions, and ate as much turkey as possible, I am feeling fine and haven't gained at all. Hope everyone enjoyed the day yesterday!

:)melissa

J.J. Fri, Nov-28-03 13:01

Well, I didn't gain anything.....yet, but there are still leftovers in the fridge so who knows? Not too bad, tho, I was the cook and I did do my best to do lowcarb. We had smoked turkey, smoked ham (spiral sliced) cornbread sausage stuffing made with lowcarb bread and Atkins Cornbread mix, a salad of romaine lettuce and spinach, lowcarb pumpkin cheesecake, homemade cranberry sauce w/Splenda, deviled eggs, green bean casserole topped w/the cheddar Durkee French Fried Onion rings, and rolls and butter. We also had regular turkey gravy and I had one roll :nono: .

We've gone right back on lowcarb today and I had deviled eggs and ham for breakfast, a sausage omelette for lunch and two pieces of Russell Stover's chocolate (lowcarb) as a snack!

Actually, I'm pretty darned pround of myself and I got not complaints from our guests except for a pumpkin ice cream cake I experimented with....Yuk! :lol:

I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday!

black57 Fri, Nov-28-03 13:27

I was going to allow myself to cheat but the occasion never came up. I had my first ever whipped caulilower with low carb gravy ( it wasn't as good as the batch my husband made a while ago ) but it was palatable. I love green leafy veggies such as turnip and collard greens. his time I decided to have kale and boy was it yummy. I had a glass of dry red wine, which is not a cheat.

For dessert, I ate my homemade low carb cheese cake.

I ate low carb but that doesn't mean that I did not gain weight. I won't get on the scale until Sundayish.

Black

2B-ABLE Fri, Nov-28-03 14:10

Hey

Hey, yea i cheated for thankgiving, which i had planned on doing for months. Neway I had a little mac n cheese. But the real culprit was the peac cobbler. yum... I think i had 2nd or thirds of that. I dont like sutfifn so that wasnt a problem. But yea I probably am retaining water now, but Im fine. Ill weigh again at the end of the week.

rishamoon Fri, Nov-28-03 14:38

I did a low carb Thanksgiving, but I didn't keep track of numbers as far as carbs went. So I probably went over my limit. But no way NEAR what it would have been on regular Thanksgiving stuff. Silly me, I sent my pumpkin bread leftovers home with my mom and my pumpkin cheesecake leftovers home with my daughter. ACK! LOL. Had leftover LC stuffing for breakfast. Yum.