Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   U.S. (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Looking for Missouri Friends (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=92577)

HotBubbles Sat, Mar-15-03 12:40

Looking for Missouri Friends

Help looking for friends in my area........

Hello my name is Heather I live in the St. Louis, MO area. I am new to the site and I am looking for some buddies in my area. To chat with and help each other out. in our low carb life style. I am happy to be buddy with anyone but, will be glad to talk with some one close by. I have been on Atkins since Jan. 31. 03. I have lost 19.5 pounds since. So, if you are interested in chatting just let me know.

GramnGramp Sat, Mar-15-03 14:42

Hi Heather!

Welcome :wave:

We lived in St Louis in the 60's. Now living in Southeast Mo.

It sounds like you are doing well on Atkins. There are some really nice and helpful people here to keep you encouraged. I've also found some good tips here answers to lots of good questions.

Keep up the good work. :)

elisamarie Sat, Mar-15-03 15:13

St. Louis

I live in St. Charles right now, but moving to Ferguson in April. I'd be happy to talk to you. I've been on Atkins since November 27, yep, the day before Thanksgiving. I've lost (as of February 27, I only weigh one time a month) 20.5 lbs and am very happy with that.

Have you been to Nature's Way Health Food Store and gotten any of the Atkin's products? They have saved me many days.

You can e-mail me at ea-taschwer~charter.net and I'd be happy to have a close by Atkin's friend.

freydis Sat, Mar-15-03 17:41

I'm in St. Peters! freydis at yahoo dot com is one way to reach me. Also, you might look into meeting through meetup.com - a free service for like-minded groups. They organize monthly meetings and all we have to do is sign up and show up.

SweetSheri Mon, Apr-28-03 09:23

Hey Heather I live in the kansas city area, Lee's summit to be exact. I am also interested in having a buddy in my area! :D I know this post is from awhile back but if you are on I would love to chat! Thanks and good luck!!! :D :p :thup: :wave:

VickyRenee Mon, Apr-28-03 09:51

Sheri,
I am in McPherson KS but originally from KC area. I lived in Overland Park for 10 years and grew up in Leavenworth. I come to KC all the time....thats where I get all my good low carb stuff!!!!
Vicky

SweetSheri Mon, Apr-28-03 09:58

Hi Vicky, I havent live in Missouri very long. Im orginally a Florida girl. My Dad got transfered here 2 yrs ago, I just moved here in Feb.I'm actually moving back to Fl in the summer. I start nursing school in august. It is really nice here though but I do miss my florida LoL! :D :wave:

Kansas5 Sun, May-04-03 13:25

I'm near Kansas City......

Hello all,
I'm from near Kansas City, and would like to have an Atkins buddy/ local group. just send me a message....

Kansas5

jennifer28 Sun, May-04-03 13:32

Branson

anyone close to branson?

VickyRenee Sun, May-04-03 21:03

Kansas5,
Where ya at near KC?
Vicky

Kansas5 Mon, May-05-03 06:58

Vicky,
I'm North of KC on the Kansas side, in Atchison, KS, just 22 miles North of Leavenworth, your old hometown..... I see that you go in to KC for your low carb "supplies"... Where do you go??? I have to travel a hour and 20 minutes to 95th street to goto a health food store down there.....

Kansas5

VickyRenee Mon, May-05-03 07:20

Cool!! I've been to Atchison many times. Used to go to a bar called The Warf (or something like that) back in the mid 80's.
Is it Emerald Forest on 95th? That place is awesome for low carb stuff. I just went there on Saturday myself.....I never spend under $50 LOL. This time I got 2 of those Robbins Nest bakeries cake rolls!! I just cant find them where I live.
Vicky

Kansas5 Mon, May-05-03 07:47

Yes , the Warf.... its been gone for a long time now..... Emerald Forest is the only place in town I can find a good selectioo of Low carb.... They really have expanded it also... everytime I go down they seem to have more and more stuff..... Good!!! Those Cake Rolls are very good!!! I have two in the freezer right now.....

Mandyjane2 Mon, May-05-03 13:30

I lived about an hour south of St. Louis until about a year ago and we moved to Florida, but I'll be your buddy if you'd like anyway :)

VickyRenee Mon, May-05-03 16:05

Kansas5,
We'll chat thru pm's as soon as you get 3 more posts!!!! :p
Vicky