Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Anyone ever lost on a "cheat" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=18857)

Candi Tue, Sep-04-01 08:52

Anyone ever lost on a "cheat"

Today is Day 19 for me on Atkins. I haven't had a single cheat and have followed the Diet to a T. My loss hasn't been as good as I thought it would be. Yesterday afternoon I went to a Labor Day party on the lake and well being a bit frustrated I figured if my weight wasn't changing then why not just enjoy myself for the day.. I didn't go overboard or anything. Actaully the only off limits thing I had was a slice of pizza which I dipped in ketchup (the way I have always eatten my pizza). Last night I came home and I had a nice dinner of steak and salad like I have been for the last almost 3 weeks. The only diffrence in the day was the pizza and ketchup. I weigh myself this morning very much expecting to see a gain from the pizza but instead. there is a 2.5 lb loss. Not sure if it was just concidence and I was due a loss.. or if the pizza had anything to do with it. Maybe my carbs where too low and my body had been in "starvation mood" and wasnt' letting go and that big boost of carbs kicked things into motion.. Just curious if something like this had happened to anyone else???

tamarian Tue, Sep-04-01 10:03

Hi Candi,

Yes, many low-carbers experience this, and some have actually incorporated it in their plans as a monthly or weekly cheat.

Could be a result of undereating, or lack of variety. But I haven't read any solid explanation for it.

Wa'il

Natrushka Tue, Sep-04-01 10:36

Or....... It could just be all that not cheating and following the plan paying off. It is quite customary to experience a stall after the weight loss on induction. They key is to keep at it, and let the weight loss catch up with you.

Hang in there Candi.

Nat

cori Tue, Sep-04-01 12:53

Hmmm...

Maybe a change of plan might be in order. Natrushka could totally be right about the good work just catching up to you. Wouldn't we all love it if we woke up THIN tomorrow?? But I did the Carbohydrate Addicts Plan for awhile and had amazing losses on it before I had my 2nd son. That plan allows for one meal a day which includes a controlled amount of carbs in a strict one hour time span. You might look into it.

wenderwomn Tue, Sep-04-01 13:03

I've had this happen to me too. Since being low carb I've had two "CAD" days, even though I follow Atkin's. It hasn't slowed or stopped my weight loss at all. Some people do great on CAD. I'm sticking to Atkin's because I feel I'll lose a bit faster on it, and since I have so much to lose I'd like to lose it as soon as possible, LOL. But that doesn't mean that once in awhile I can't have a CAD day if circumstances permit it. ;)

Do what feels right for you. Good luck!

Wendy