Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   Is There Such A Thing As - Something Sweet You Can Bake To Eat While On Induction?? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=183564)

sharon_m Mon, May-10-04 12:28

Is There Such A Thing As - Something Sweet You Can Bake To Eat While On Induction??

Hi All
I am having a really hard time getting through induction without eating something sweet - I have to have something sweet after I eat -
I have been eating the low carb candy bars and Atkins wafer crisp cookies -
Is there something I can bake - some sort of cookie or muffin that will not slow you down on induction ?? I sure hope so !!
Sharon

kish Mon, May-10-04 12:32

I mix 2oz of cream chesse 3 packs of splenda, dash of cinamon, tsp of lemon juice, tbsp of butter and mix together microwave for 1 minute sit in frig for about ten minutes taste like cheese cake. YUM

Pandora23 Mon, May-10-04 12:39

During my induction my top three things for sweet cravings were:

Mock Danish

Mock Danish

By : Nat and Members of the LowCarb Support Forum

Mock Danish

2 oz cream cheese (soften in microwave)
1 egg
1 tblspn splenda
1 tsp lemon concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla

Mix softened cream cheese and egg.
Add remaining ingredients.
Microwave on high for 2 minutes.

French Toast - French Toast

By Norma-June

French Toast

2 Eggs

1/4 cup heavy (whipping) cream

2 pkgs. Equal or Splenda

Cinnamon to taste

1/2 of a 3 oz. bag Pork rinds.

(1) Mix eggs, cream, sweetener and cinnamon.

(2) Crush pork rinds and mix with above mixture.

(3) Allow to soak until it becomes a very thick and goopy batter (3-5 minutes).

(4) Fry pancake style in butter until browned and flip over. Cook until done as you would french toast or pancakes.

Serve with any LC syrup or make your own as follows:

(1) Cream butter until soft (use as much as you need for syrup). I melt it in the microwave.

(2) Add maple extract and sweetener to taste.

Not my recipe ... got it from another list. This tastes better than any I've made using Atkins bake mix, almond and or soy flour.

Cheese Cake

Make sure you find a low carb recipe, there are tons on the Kitchen section of the message boards

jagbender Mon, May-10-04 12:59

I used to make LC cheese cake!.
Crustless of course.
jag

iceyfire77 Mon, May-31-04 14:06

i make crustless pumpkin cheesecake cups. They're excellent!
If you want the recipe, email me: iceyfire777~hotmail.com

I also take mini low carb tortillas and spread with cream cheese, sprinkle with splenda and cinnamon and broil it for a couple minutes...mmmmm

becca

ladyvenom Mon, May-31-04 20:03

Mock mousse

3 tbs whipping cream whipped
1 oz of cream cheese added
2 tbs of sugar free chocolate syrup
2 tbs splenda

Whip all together after you've whipped the cream first!
Taste awsome!

FionaMcB Tue, Jun-01-04 07:29

Jagbender,

Why do you say you used to make the LC cheesecake?

tofi Tue, Jun-01-04 07:39

One thing you could make is a change to your thinking. You say "I HAVE" to have something sweet after a meal. Did that include breakfast? If not, then it's just a thought, not a need.

Isn't it really that you are USED to thinking that a meal isn't finished until you have a sweet thing?

How about starting to say: I once thought a meal had to finish with a sweet but now, I just eat some extra protein.

It should not take much time before that self-defeating thought changes. Protein eaten when you crave sweets gets rid of the craving.

lclizzi Tue, Jun-01-04 11:40

SF jello! I make a weeks worth in individual dessert cups so I always have some on hand.

FionaMcB Tue, Jun-01-04 13:44

I had the same problem for quite awhile, after a meal I'd be 'dying' for something sweet. Then I just started going in and brushing my teeth, this has worked, stopped the 'need' for a sweet.

What works for one doesn't work for all, but you might give it a try.

waterlyric Tue, Jun-01-04 13:45

The Atkins Nutritionals website has a recipe for Decadent Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Buttercream Frosting, both okay for induction. I've tried the frosting and once it hardens up in the fridge it's JUST like chocolate truffles. You don't even need the cake!! Hope that helps!

-Barbie

buggblue Tue, Jun-01-04 18:41

sometimes just black tea with a little cream and splenda do the trick for me. Other times I mix peanut butter with splenda and cocoa powder. ;)

Arizona B Wed, Jun-02-04 16:20

The Atkins Nutritionals Site has all kinds of receipes for all phases of Atkins. If all else fails try sf jello with whipped cream . You really shouldn't make a habit of having dessert everynight.

JamesBlond Thu, Aug-19-04 16:46

Just posting so that any additional 'sweet treat' ideas will come my way!!