Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   I only have one chin! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182953)

fantabulus Thu, May-06-04 20:08

I only have one chin!

I was die'n to figure out where the 20lbs I had lost went to. Aside from my wedding ring swinging around my finger and my pants have gotten a bit lose (not much though). I could not figure it out. Then i looked at myself in the mirror the other day and noticed something. I only have ONE chin. Months ago I hated looking at my face because I thought I had more chins than a chinese phone book. Its great! I love to look at my face now. I can only imagin how great it will be to get rid of the belly!!! :p

Missie Thu, May-06-04 20:20

And doesn't it feel soooooooooo great? :)
Now I'm holding out to not have overhang above my elbows. You know, when the top of the arm comes down over the elbow. Am I making sence here? Or is it an overweight member of my family thing? Arms and butt lol.

Missie

fantabulus Thu, May-06-04 20:28

I dont have the arm thing, though my mom does so I know what you mean. I have this belly ugh...and the rear double ugh. LOL soon enough soon enough.

MARIE04 Thu, May-06-04 20:34

congrats!!!!

Lez Fri, May-07-04 05:31

only having one chin to shave in the mornings was my first reason for staying on this way of life.

Lez

iwill Fri, May-07-04 06:39

:) Yiiippeeeeeeee and hooray!!! And was happy to hear that you love to look at yourself again. That's the best part!!

Itty Fri, May-07-04 08:29

Hi

That is funny! I have just noticed that the bone in my chin...jaw bone, actually is lower than the skin that normally hangs down behind it! Very exciting, since I am starting to look alot older (used to look 10 yrs younger, got ID'd at 29, now I look my age *gasp!*), and I am worried I will get "turkey neck" soon.

M

wils Fri, May-07-04 18:52

I am older, O k I will be 60 shortly, and I had this really gross fatty lumpy thing hanging under my chin, it has taken a year, but most of it has disappeared. For a while it was kind of a hanging skin thing, but that is starting to firm up and go away. Hurray!!!

4beans4me Fri, May-07-04 21:19

:cheer: WTG!!! :cheer:

MrEWorm Fri, May-07-04 22:41

Fantabulus is such a great word :) Congratulations

elimy Fri, May-07-04 22:53

:clap: Congrats Fantabulus! :clap: That's a great feeling, huh. I was just feeling my chin today and enjoying not being able to pinch it together!

As for the swinging ring, I had to put a "ring snuggie" around mine, which although a little weird at first, I don't notice it at all. I see your in WA too, I got them at Claire's in the mall. All it is is a little clear rubber wrap that fits around the underside of your ring(s) to keep them from moving.

Emily

fantabulus Sat, May-08-04 01:05

Emily, Thanks so much. I could not believe it but it actualy slid off today. I about died! I love my ring (nothin like a saphire with lots o dimonds) My hubby told me to put it in the safe with the earings and pendant that match it untill he can take it to resize it. I think I will look into that lil bit o plastic tomorrow. I cant see myself not wearing my ring. It would feel wierd. I think this could be the begining of a woosh really. I have lost 20lbs and now i am starting to see a change in size. OMG I am thrilled!!!!!

MaryToU Sat, May-08-04 07:05

My extra chin was the thing I hate most about myself, and the reason I hate getting my picture taken. Stretch my neck as much as I wanted, the dam thing was still there! Congradulation on losing your!

elimy Sat, May-08-04 10:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantabulus
Emily, Thanks so much. I could not believe it but it actualy slid off today. I about died! I love my ring (nothin like a saphire with lots o dimonds) My hubby told me to put it in the safe with the earings and pendant that match it untill he can take it to resize it. I think I will look into that lil bit o plastic tomorrow.

Great! Glad I could help! When my ring flew off my finger in a public bathroom (all those drains), I had to do something. My plan is to wait until I get to my goal weight before I do any permanent resizing of my rings. That will mean I've truly made it!

Congrats on the progress!

I'm down another pound this morning, too!

Emily

fantabulus Sat, May-08-04 12:39

Not a bad Idea. I will tell hubby to wait it out on the sizing. And congrats on the loss!