Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   My House smells! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=169629)

tabookitty Fri, Feb-27-04 15:36

My House smells!

:p Anybody got any tips for clearing the smells of all this fresh food I'm cooking all the time? Any sprays or oils or anything you find helps to cut down on the bacon smell, for example? I don't allow matches (candles), but I could use a bit of help. I hate having a perfectly clean house that smells of steak and garlic all the time, lol!

AFwife Fri, Feb-27-04 15:39

Open up some windows and let the air out. That's what I do everyday for at least 30 minutes.

I also use, carpet fresh and those stick on the walls sprays that you smack once and it sprays a wonderful scent into the air. Their called Press N Fresh.

Good luck,

vbrowne Fri, Feb-27-04 15:41

I use "plug ins", and cigarettes, lol. -- sorry

Vikki

tabookitty Fri, Feb-27-04 15:43

LOL Vikki!!! I used to use those too. Cigarettes do work well, I remember!! I open the windows but it's still cold outside!! During summer, that's a no brainer. I even do that when it's not stinkin' in the house, HAHAHA!

AFwife Fri, Feb-27-04 15:50

OH hey, incense (spelling?) sticks work great too.
I just saw mine and thought of you.

tabookitty Fri, Feb-27-04 15:55

Thanks Lily, I will get some of those smack-n-sniff's and that may help. Incense is a good idea, too. Thanks!

mel92 Fri, Feb-27-04 15:56

I like to use Febreeze.

MaggieP Fri, Feb-27-04 16:03

After so many years of not eating it, I kinda LIKE the smell of bacon! :lol:

WeeOne Fri, Feb-27-04 16:03

I also use Febreeze or citrus room deodorizor.

Wee

FromVA Fri, Feb-27-04 16:13

I hated the smell of the cooking, too, but H said not to cover it up...HE loves the smell of "real" cooking! :)

KIDBXRS Fri, Feb-27-04 16:35

I use the oils that you burn with just a tiny little tealight candle. I also like to freshen up with a sink full of hot water and orange pinsol.
You can also make your own febreeze it works just as well and is much cheaper. Just get you a good fine mist spray bottle and add water and some good fabirc softner and walla. It really works!

jennabrams Fri, Feb-27-04 16:47

I like to use Yankee Candles Tarts...they are unbelievably strong and febreze...these two seem to keep my house smelling fresh and not like a restaurant...lol!

tabookitty Fri, Feb-27-04 17:35

What is orange pinsol? And what are Yankee Candles tarts? Pardon my ignorance :-)

LadyBelle Fri, Feb-27-04 17:52

I don't know. Personally the smell of fresh cooked bacon has always been nicer to me then the heavy oder of commercial sprays :)

You might try cleaning the disehs as soon as you are finished cooking, running a fan while cooking, and maybe using a room sanitizer regularly to cut downon the after smell.

toning_up Fri, Feb-27-04 17:59

I think homes that smell of good cooking are wonderful. Very inviting.

When I was selling a home a few years ago a realtor told me to cook up a pan of garlic, onions, tomatoes and italian herbs during the open home. :)

I don't know if it was that, but I sold that home that same afternoon :D