Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Food Combining (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   [SS] Somersweet, Heavy Cream (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=133400)

marg s Wed, Aug-27-03 13:20

Somersweet, Heavy Cream

Hi - has anyone tried the Somersweet? I have used it quite often, in fact I have a cheesecake in the oven now!! I will let you now how it comes out - it looks and smells delicious. :clap:

The only thing I am confused about in Somercising is the carbs in heavy cream. Even though it says none or 1 carb, I see that it is made out of cream and half n half or milk. So, apparently, there are more carbs in heavy cream than we know. :confused:

Any one have more insight into this than I have? Thanks! :wave:

Tygris Wed, Aug-27-03 16:35

When you process milk and turn it into cream you are essentially removing the carbs- concentrating the protein and fat. So the carbs that are left are negligable.
At least that's the theory ;)

thickchic Wed, Aug-27-03 22:32

So how did the cheese cake come out?

marg s Thu, Aug-28-03 05:00

The cheesecake was awesome!!! :yay: I put orange zest into it and it is very orangey,
which is nice. :agree:

I have seen the recipe posted here, but I will try to find it and send it to you. In the meantime, I have to go to work! :cry:

Have a good day! :wiggle:

Sandylee Thu, Aug-28-03 15:06

Hi Marg,
My cream just has cream in the ingredients. Maybe it depends on the brand you buy? I'm glad the cheesecake came out good. Which recipe did you use? I have been using Splenda in my cheesecakes and although I don't love it I am getting used to it. Pure fructose tastes the best, but it has the same amount of carbs as sugar.

Sandy

marg s Thu, Aug-28-03 21:07

Hi, guys - I have been looking for the cheesecake recipe for a few minutes now, and can't seem to find it. Yet when I wasn't looking for it, I found it twice from two different posters! :q: I will continue to look for it, but, if you look for it, it is the recipe that is posted that, almost at the end, tells you to add either lemon, lime or orange juice zest, with the pulp. If you find that, that is the one. Also, I use Somersweet - I don't know how Splenda would taste with it, although I do believe it was first written using Splenda as the sweetener. I have used Splenda in another recipe, but don't remember the results because right after that I got the Somersweet. I use Somersweet in everything - iced tea, iced coffee with either half n half or heavy cream (the best in a big glass with a LOT of ice!!!)

Have a GREAT day! :angel:

Aks Fri, Nov-07-03 22:25

where can you purchase Sommersweet? is it only available online?

DONNA3 Fri, Nov-14-03 23:22

Somersweet is only available from Suzannesomers.com presently. It does have a sweet aftertaste that I am not fond of, but is quite good in many deserts. I am going back to stevia for many things, but some desserts really need the Somersweet.