Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   General Low-Carb (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   It's working! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266399)

witchy Wed, Sep-14-05 07:51

It's working!

I thought I'd post this in the hope it might be helpful/motivational to anyone just starting or who has started and is feeling unmotivated..

I started atkins on 1st August this year at 294lbs (5'8") and a size 24. I've been a size 24 since this time last year after 18 months with glandular fever, but before that I hovered between an 18 and a 22 anyway. Since I gave up dancing 10 years ago the weight just went up and up, to the point I couldn't exercise without nearly killing myself and had no motivation to either.

I did induction through the whole of August and am now trying less fat, more veg.

Last night I tried on some trousers I bought in June and only wore once because the waistband cut into me. As I did them up I thought they seemed a bit looser. Then I stood up, and the heel of my boot caught on the hem of the trousers.... and they slipped right off! Just slipped down, buttoned up and everything!

I don't weigh myself and I don't do the inches thing. I'm just going on dress size and how my clothes feel, and although my ultimate goal is around 12/14 (UK size), my mini goal is a 20.

It seems I'm well on the way and although no one has actually commented on my losing weight yet, *I* now know I have and it's really bolstered my confidence :D

My hair is shiny, my nails are strong, my skin has cleared up, I have bags of energy, I'm sleeping better... and I'm off to a 3 hour Tai-Chi class tonight ;)

scrapbookr Wed, Sep-14-05 07:56

NICE NICE NICE!!! Way to go!

joy1978 Wed, Sep-14-05 09:01

Congatulations!

Isn't it great to realize it actually works! I knew before I started how many people had experienced great results ... and its not that I didnt think it would work for me, more that I didnt think I could work for it - if that makes sense. I have never concidered myself big in the will power department but this doesnt seem like a sacrifice AT ALL. Quite the opposite!

So congrats to you, keep up the great job and enjoy the ride :D

Mandra Wed, Sep-14-05 11:26

:cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer::cheer:

SusanKH Wed, Sep-14-05 13:26

:thup: Way to go, girlfriend!

pollypolly Wed, Sep-14-05 14:11

Go, You!!

Awesome!! :wave:

witchy Thu, Sep-15-05 01:17

:) Thanks everyone. It's soooooo nice to get encouragement instead of being told it's bad for me.

Tai Chi was interesting. although I was worn out by the end of the warm up :agree:

But I WILL be slim fit and healthy again if it kills me :lol:

hramsey76 Thu, Sep-15-05 08:05

Horrrrrrrrrrrayyyy for you!!!!! What a wonderful feeling!

SugarFluff Thu, Sep-15-05 16:52

Congratulations!

dreamseeds Thu, Sep-15-05 20:28

:cheer: Keep up the great work:)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Sep-15-05 21:08

Way to Go!!! What a great success!

:thup: :wave: