Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   my last trip to the fat chick shop (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=159505)

redawn Wed, Jan-14-04 16:56

my last trip to the fat chick shop

was malling (my 12yr old daughter was there with her friends. . so I decided to shop the clearance sales) . . .went into Lane Bryant. . .straight to the clearance rack and found a wicked cool 14/16 shirt for only $7. I have never been able to walk into a store and buy the smallest size they had.. .by the time I made the truthful switch to the fat chick shop, on the way up the scale. . .I was already a size 18/20 . . .and then I went to another store and bought two XL tops right off the normal people rack. WOOHOOO!!! Somehow this last 5 lbs have trickled off. . .but the bod is consolidating. I'm not complaining. . .GOD BLESS YOU DR. ATKINS! This is the best thing I have ever done. . .and I thought it was impossible. . .still trekking right along. . .not 'I think I can'. . .but 'I HONKIN KNOW I WILL!!!!' redawn:)

MisterE Wed, Jan-14-04 17:05

Honk! Honk! You go, Girl!

memaw O5 Wed, Jan-14-04 17:51

I can not remember the last time I was in a 14. I know it must have been a long time ago. Congratulations you wear it well

Wolfiesask Wed, Jan-14-04 17:54

Congrats!!!!! What a great feeling....and on sale to boot!!!

Nicole :wave:

imastar Wed, Jan-14-04 18:35

Congratulations!! The most frustrating thing about gaining weight is finding clothes that fit you right and look good. When I was 150 pounds I could wear a potato sack and get compliments. Now I feel like the invisible woman...people don't even look at you or acknowledge your presence.

CaseyZee Wed, Jan-14-04 18:51

Way to do Redawn - that just has to be a great feeling. I hate having to spend 4 dollars more for my dockers than skinny folks. I can't wait to join you at the normal size stores!

liz175 Wed, Jan-14-04 19:35

Congratulations! I can't wait until I can shop in the "regular" stores.

cheeze Wed, Jan-14-04 19:46

Congrats! I graduated to regular sizes in early dec. and I now I get to throw the "full size" catalogs away when they come in the mail, woohoo!

hummelda Wed, Jan-14-04 20:27

Way to go, redawn! I'm looking forward to the last day in those shops too!
Strange, a friend of mine who recently lost 130 pounds and can shop in regular stores continues to shop the smallest size in our local large size shop just because she feels comfortable there. I'm afraid I won't be joining her on any shopping expeditions when I don't need to!

What I have noticed about compliments is that people will say "What a lovely colour" or... "That colour looks good on you" or "I love the fabric" ... but they never actually say the clothing looks nice or it looks nice on you! But those days will come for all of us!!!

Jerry M Wed, Jan-14-04 20:33

Redawn,
Like you, I think I've visited the fat man's store for the last time :Party:

Last Saturday, for the first time in 20 years, I bought clothes at a regular place in the mall. Bought two silk shirts for $50. Never got that kind of deal at the fat man's store :nono:

Charran Wed, Jan-14-04 21:35

WTG reddawn...that must be such a great feeling! I am so looking forward to shopping in a regular size department (not to mention paying less for clothing)! I just wonder how much I'll have to lose in order to do that. Maybe I should make that my first mini goal!

Bjuba Wed, Jan-14-04 21:56

Redawn & Jerry congradulations - dosen't it feel g-o-o-d! - I am right behind you! Purchased XL pants and 1X top yesterday (was a 4 X in Oct) - next time I go it will be to a regular sized shop. -- I have a big basket of 3X & 4X very good dressy clothing that I don't know what to do with --

A widower next door gave me a size 8 mink jacket to wear when I meet goal. Now can a 5'7" 160 lb. gal fit into a size 8? I really do not know the smaller sizes - I have not been 160 lbs. since I was 16.

diemde Wed, Jan-14-04 22:05

Woohoo! WTG redawn! You are doing great. Can't wait to join you for a shopping trip!

Heath Wed, Jan-14-04 22:57

Redawn - That is fantastic to say goodbye to fat stores. I've never shopped at a normal men's store. I can't wait and am so happy for you...

hummelda Wed, Jan-14-04 23:15

Bjuba, I don't know about sizes either. I am 5'7 1/2 and I did weigh 140 just before I got married -- about 28 years ago! At that time, I wore mostly 14 and I remember wearing one Size 12 skirt. I didn't stay there long, though, and was heavy before and after it.

Now .. it's hard to do the math. Conventional wisdom says it's one size per 10 pounds. I am wearing mostly size 18 now at 215. Using this rule, I should wear 16 at 205, 14 at 195, 12 at 185, 10 at 175, 8 at 165, 6 at 155, and 4 at 145.

I don't expect ever to wear a 4 no matter how much weight I lose :lol:

I guess it's just best to wait and see what happens as the weight slowly melts away. It will sure make life interesting! I've already picked out the stores I'm going to walk into as though I have been shopping there my whole life!