Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Please learn from my biggest mistake... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136546)

bafmrf Thu, Sep-11-03 13:33

Please learn from my biggest mistake...

I have done really well with this WOL. 21lbs. to date. I decided to treat myself to one of my favorite things. (I did it knowingly) I had a large frozen cherry drink from Burger King. I figured it would be big on sugar. Well, I just took a look at the nutritional value. OMG!!!!!! 114 Carbs. I am so upset, I want to make myself sick. Never, Never, Never will I again eat/drink something that I am not educated on.

I guess I start over tomorrow. :cry:

Martha

hramsey76 Thu, Sep-11-03 13:43

Don't get yourself down, just get back on the boat. Thats the good thing about mistakes, you learn from them. I can't believe there is that many carbs in those things!

Marchstart Thu, Sep-11-03 13:46

Thats Right........dont worry about it...just put it behind you...and get on with this WOL. We all have had a moment or 2 when we "screw' up.....dont be too hard on yourself...
Tomorrow is another day :)

Lilygirl Thu, Sep-11-03 13:46

Tomorrow's a new day!

Please, please, please don't beat yourself up about it - I have beaten myself up over food choices for ages and it starts a vicious cycle. Don't even think of it as "starting over" tomorrow, because you've still come a long way and you haven't undone it at all!! Just get back to making your healthy LC choices tomorrow and carry on. I don't know if you were kidding, but whatever you do, please don't make yourself sick. You don't want to start seeing that as a way when you occasionally make bad food choices. I have done that before (long time ago, before learning BFL/Zone/Atkins and other healthy WOL) and it's a steep uphill climb to get back to a healthy mindset.

Drink lots of water ASAP!

Lily

Ms.Kidy Thu, Sep-11-03 13:49

There's always tomorrow, a fresh start. We have all had our slip ups.

serrelind Thu, Sep-11-03 13:50

*hugs*

You're doing great. Tomorrow is another day!

Dstar96920 Thu, Sep-11-03 14:06

At least you screwed up with something "good", I had a tsp of vitamins that had 15g in them! I beat myself up for days! Now, I think it's funny! You are gonna be fine! You are doing great! You caught yourself, and learned a lesson! Question: didn't the drink taste too sweet? When I now accidentally eat anything with sugar it is shocking to me how sweet it is.

bafmrf Thu, Sep-11-03 15:19

thanks everyone for your words of encouragement. I don't think I could literally make myself sick even if I tried. I will not make that mistake again. And yes it was sweet. I did drink about 3/4 of it and that was enough. I think I'll check the various fast food sites to learn about the items that are totally off limits.

Martha

jun keater Thu, Sep-11-03 16:24

I'm sorry... but I just have to say this. How could you NOT know that a frozen drink would contain that many carbs? :nono:

RickinTN Thu, Sep-11-03 17:13

Hold your chin up! It isn't something that is going to be irreversable. It may stall you for a day or two or it may not stall you at all. Just keep moving forward. You can do it :)

NoSunNoFun Thu, Sep-11-03 18:53

Just to mention...
I once in a blue mood CRAVE one of those frozen things too, so I go straight to 7-11.
They have Frozen Icy's diet pepsi and cyrstal light punch.
There both great and better than that one you had.
But you know what heck you deserved it!
So dont be too hard on your self. :)

NoSunNoFun

jude Thu, Sep-11-03 19:01

Hi Martha,

Just wanted to add my "forget it!" to the list. We've all said a few choice words to ouselves at one time or another. btw here's a link to a Fast Food database that soneone posted a while ago. Sure opened my eyes!
http://www.calorieking.com/foods/ca...?category_id=21

judy

bafmrf Fri, Sep-12-03 03:54

I truly had no clue...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jun keater
I'm sorry... but I just have to say this. How could you NOT know that a frozen drink would contain that many carbs? :nono:

I am still learning about my new WOL....I thought it was like a cherry soda which is frozen. The same I would think that a Coke would just be frozen. A Coke is 31Carbs...so I figured it wouldn't be much more than that. A frozen Coke is 113Carbs. Please remember I am new and look to all of you for support.

Martha

Lesle Fri, Sep-12-03 04:13

Hi Martha
Don't be so hard on yourself, you're doing so well! There will always be days now and then when we eat or drink something that isn't in our usual way of eating, but we shouldn't let us feel like we've "failed"..or "ruined things". I think the key is, as you're learning, to get right back on track and on plan. If this is to be our way of eating for life, we can't let the occaisional drink, or piece of birthday cake, or whatever make us think we've "failed"..Far from it !!
And keep asking questions..I've found that most people here are so supportive and can really help keep you motivated :)
Have a good day
Lesle