Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   went shopping... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=103263)

Crimson Mon, May-05-03 15:12

went shopping...

ok.. just have to share! I finally got around to bringing up my summer clothes over the weekend for some washing and hanging.. down went the winter stuff. Well... not only did my older summer clothes fit, but a lot of stuff just hung on me! Wow. Not only that.. I broke down Friday and bought a couple pairs of pants for work... 3 sizes smaller!! I'm bouncing around on cloud nine! Oh... one last thing.... I was looking for some track pants in the Nike store, and they had no mediums. I asked the girl who worked there if she could find me some.. and she said she was sure I'd fit into a small. So, I tried on the small... and they fit perfect!! OMG... I can't remember ever fitting into a small. :D :D :D

Yippeeeeee....

graphiste Mon, May-05-03 15:16

WOW

that is so cool
you shoudl feel GREAT about all your hard work adn efforts

A SMALL!!!!

you should frame the tag and wear it around your neck!!!
lol

I bet you look snappy!

Kaillean Mon, May-05-03 15:24

Right on, Crimson! Good for you. All your hard work is paying off!

I was similarly pleased a couple of weeks ago. I thought I'd try on some size 14 capris at the Gap to see how tight they were, and they fit perfectly!

So happy to be out of the fat sizes!

Keep up the good work!

paradise Mon, May-05-03 17:28

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Isn't it grand when you can fit into "old" clothes? In March, I was packing for vacation in Arizona (read: I left a foot of snow for bathing suit weather). I have a blue sleeveless dress that I didn't EVEN consider packing because in the past, it was tight around my rear and hips. Then the light bulb went on in my head, "Hey? I bet that might fit me now!" So I tried it on. Not only did it fit, like you, it just hung on me! Haven't done the shopping thing yet. But soon here it will be beach weather! Happy LCing!

Crimson Mon, May-05-03 20:39

What an amazing feeling. I actually fit into a pair of old jeans I had in my trunk from 4 years ago. I feel so motivated today!

carey80 Mon, May-05-03 20:56

:thup: What a great thread this is. It should be called The Feel Good Thread.

I was at Sam's Club this weekend, was looking at the tee-shirts, picked up an XL and held it up to myself. It looked like it might fit so I bought it. I thought if it is tight that it would be ok, I'll be into it soon. Well I tried it on the second I got it home and it fit. It wasn't even tight at all. Happy days :roll:

faeriegirl Mon, May-05-03 21:19

Way to go Crimson!!!! That is so fantastic - i can't wait to be in the same position!!! :)

lindaklkw7 Mon, May-05-03 21:47

Yeah! All of the effort and hard work is working! You did it!

I have to wait a few months, but I'm sure that it will be worth sliding in that loose pair of jeans. I have many small jeans in the back of my closet that I am wanting to get into.

poetree Tue, May-06-03 00:11

Kudos on the baggy clothes...and all your work to get there. I notice we have similar stats. I bought a pair of size 8 low-slung khakis at a thrift shop the other day, figuring I'd work my way down to them. Well, I was thrilled when they zipped. Still a little tight, but my tens were tight when I started this on April 14. I don't think it's just the weight. I'm never bloated any more like I always was before Atkins. I've already dropped a size in three weeks and I still have about 10 pounds to go, so I expect I may make it down to a size six...same size I wore about 8 years ago. Woo-hoo!

Ellie

MaryToU Tue, May-06-03 05:58

I am trying to hold out buying new pants till the end of summer! But my pants are getting pretty baggy. I had to kick aside two pairs the other day cause they were just to big. Can't wait till it get warmer so I can through on short all the time! Most of them have really good waist bands! So untill they actually fall off my hips, I will swim around in my loose pants!

nikkil Tue, May-06-03 06:46

:D Yay, Crimson! That is so great!!! Very happy for you! I guess all our great Vancouver weather got you into Summer mode???

:thup: :D :thup: :D :thup: :D :thup:

Keep at it,

Nicole

Karen Tue, May-06-03 07:51

Congratulations Crimson! Isn't it a great feeling? :D

Karen

P.S. Have you cleaned out your PM box yet?

STALLQUEEN Tue, May-06-03 08:50

Wow, what a great feeling ah.,

I still wear a size 14 gap boot cut jean, are getting looser though, slowly.

I went out to buy a jean skirt last week and bought one from Zellers, it was a size 12, and all the oants i tried on were 12's too. didnt buy any pants though. So im down in size too.

MY mistake was I vever weighed myself at all when I started or measured, so I have to estimate at what I amy have lost,
I assumed my start weight was around where I put it.

Crimson Tue, May-06-03 10:19

I love reading about all our success here! Must be something in the air.. there're so many losers! :thup: :D

Nicole, No kidding.. this sunny weather has got me kickin around my office anxious to get outside! Got away early yesterday ;)

Karen, I cleared it out the best I could the other day. I had maybe 7 in my outbox, and nothing in my in box. I'm surprised it made a difference. Good thing Jeanyyy pointed it out, I was clueless! :daze: