Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Gym Logs (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   My Journey to FITness (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=266611)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Sep-15-05 22:42

My Journey to FITness

Well, everyone else was doing it so I decided to make a gym log! HA HA!

Actually, I'm having some trouble getting my butt moving when it comes to exercise (of any form) so I am hoping that writing it down every day and holding myself accountable may help.

I have also joined the 50 miles before Christmas challenge, in the hopes that that too would push me in the right direction.

I keep saying to myself that today will be the day I go to the gym. I have the membership that is just wasting money every month while I sit on my butt. I don't want to waste that money anymore!

We'll see how this helps...

mlk18sHuny Sat, Sep-17-05 00:57

Alrighty, So today was no gym day, but I did walk around campus a lot (I work on a college campus - lots of walking opportunities!). Something is better than nothing and today was a start.

mlk18sHuny Mon, Sep-19-05 07:18

Not doing so hot in this area as of yet... I just can't seem to get it to work with my schedule. Or maybe I just won't. I'm sure if I set the time or even made an appointment for it, I would go. I'm just being pure LAZY. Maybe I need to search for motivational pictures???

mlk18sHuny Tue, Sep-20-05 06:39

So nothing yet on the gym front. Tomorrow is Wednesday, and I am planning on heading to the gym after I am done with work. I want to get some miles in (for my Christmas challenge) and maybe lift a few light weights.

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-06-05 20:35

It took 20 days or so, but I finally got my butt to the gym!!! Yea!!! I walked on the treadmill for 40 minutes (2miles) while listening to a new book on tape. Very enjoyable and relaxing!

I plan on going again tomorrow - sticking to the treadmill and stretching for now, just to get me back in the habit of going to the gym. I also would like to get to the point of looking forward to my gym time. It shouldn't take too long, I do still remember the positive effects of consistent workouts!

macc Thu, Oct-06-05 22:28

Hi! I was browsing through the journals, and wanted to congratulate you on joining---and actually going ;) ---to the gym! I also joined one back in June, and have truly gotten to where I look forward to going. I am NOT an exercise kind of person, but I really like this. It's low impact, but I can tell a difference. I hope you do well.

mlk18sHuny Fri, Oct-07-05 20:52

Went to the gym again today - go me!!! Time truly flies while listening to my book on tape! I spend about 40 minutes on the treadmill and feel as though it has only been 15 minutes. Makes working out easier! :)

I walked for two miles again today.

mlk18sHuny Sat, Oct-08-05 22:21

No gym workout today. Was pretty busy. Also a tad sore from the last two days. Maybe I'll go tomorrow, but if not, I will definatly be going on Monday!

mlk18sHuny Tue, Oct-11-05 16:58

Took a break from gym (from my 2 days of Hard Work! LOL) for the three day weekend. Went back today and did another 2 miles on the treadmill. I'm working on making the gym a habit first before I add in things like weights, different machines, etc.

mlk18sHuny Wed, Oct-12-05 21:16

Another gym day, another 2 miles added. I think this is starting to become a habit - I feel happy when on my way to the gym and get upset when something delays me! :) A week ago I didn't think that would happen so soon! I can't wait to add weights back in and start to get defined! Boy how I miss having a body like that...it will soon be mine again! :)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-13-05 17:55

Yet another gym day, yet another 2 miles. I also did 3 reps of 10 on the lat pull down and also on the rowing type machine. I wasn't going to add weights back in so soon, but after my visit with my chiropractor today decided it was time. I have weak back muscles and needed to start strengthening them, so today was the start. I'll go back to the chiropractor in 2 weeks and see how the muscles have changed.

mlk18sHuny Mon, Oct-17-05 22:48

Back in the gym today. Forgot to lift weights, but did 33 minutes on the eliptical. Much more of a workout than the treadmill!!!

mlk18sHuny Tue, Oct-18-05 16:40

Did another 35 minutes on the eliptical. What a workout! I'm a lot more sweaty than when I started too. Makes me feel like I'm working out!

I drink about 32 fl. oz. of water during every workout. Maybe that's why I'm sweating more?

I look forward to my workouts every day now! It's now a habit! :)

mlk18sHuny Wed, Oct-19-05 22:46

Did not make it to the gym tonight. :( I really miss it. I had to work late and I feel like I've been working ever since. Oh well. Tomorrow is a new day. I will be going to the gym tomorrow (and I'll probally go Friday and Saturday too!) Instead of Saturday and Sunday being my off days this week, I will have today and Sunday be my off days. That won't be so bad at all - I'll be in town so a Saturday workout might be a nice start to my day! :)

mlk18sHuny Thu, Oct-20-05 21:14

Didn't make it to the gym today either. I think that Sunday is no longer a day off! :)