Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   South Beach Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=143)
-   -   Phase 2... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=164451)

miezimau Tue, Feb-03-04 20:59

Phase 2...

.... what brands of Wheat Bread are you eating?
What should I look for when I go to the Store and what other breads are we allowed to eat?

...... who carries Whole Wheat Pasta?

I do not have too many options here on Oahu, Hawaii So any help would be appreciated.

pstar Wed, Feb-04-04 08:46

I think 'Oroweat Carb Counting' is really good. Just 6 grams net per slice. Tried others and they ended up in the trash.

artsiem Wed, Feb-04-04 09:13

Hi Miezimau
I just wanted to wish you good luck with your diet and also your race coming up! I started on South Beach and have only lost a few pounds, but I am being patient!
Congrats so far!

miezimau Wed, Feb-04-04 10:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstar
I think 'Oroweat Carb Counting' is really good. Just 6 grams net per slice. Tried others and they ended up in the trash.
Thanks Pstar. By the way how is the weather in CO? I used to live up in CO-Springs for 3 years before coming to Hawaii. Beautiful place and I wish I was there right now :(

miezimau Wed, Feb-04-04 10:38

Quote:
Originally Posted by artsiem
Hi Miezimau
I just wanted to wish you good luck with your diet and also your race coming up! I started on South Beach and have only lost a few pounds, but I am being patient!
Congrats so far!
thanks artsiem,
I am only on day 3 on the South beach, but I am liking it already better than the Atkins. As for the Race, I am trying my hardest. We have 4 hours to complete 8.15 miles and I am hoping to get it done in 2 1/2 hours.

pstar Wed, Feb-04-04 16:35

Hey Miezimau,

If you were here today you might not miss good ole' Colorado all that much. It's been snowing since last night and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow. I love winter and snow, but by February I'm ready to be done with it.

miezimau Wed, Feb-04-04 17:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by pstar
Hey Miezimau,

If you were here today you might not miss good ole' Colorado all that much. It's been snowing since last night and isn't supposed to stop until tomorrow. I love winter and snow, but by February I'm ready to be done with it.

Actually I would love to be there right now. I thought I would never say it but I terribly miss the snow :(

Ok, I might not miss it That much, since I will be going to the beach later on with the kids, But I did miss it around Christmas time.

RonaMoore Wed, Feb-04-04 17:48

Miezimau,
If you don't have a local health food store, you may want to check out www.sugarfreekitchen.com. They have a wide selection of whole-wheat or whole grain products aswell as sugar-free sauces, desserts etc. I don't think they have whole grain breads though. They say they ship world wide so at least that wouldn't be a p :yay: roblem.
Good luck.

miezimau Wed, Feb-04-04 20:36

Thanks RonaMoore, I do have a healthfood store, but it is kind of way out of my way. I have to drive for about 35 minutes to get to it. Buying over the Internet I gave up, because the Shipping and Handling to Hawaii are so outrageous.