Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Advil is sugar coated??? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=156170)

MyJourney Wed, Dec-31-03 09:27

Advil is sugar coated???

I am having cramps and I just took a few advil.

OMG are those things sweet and then it hit me... could they be coated with sugar?

I cant believe they would coat pills with sugar, that would be like adding sugar into toothpaste but I looked on my bottle and it said see carton for info and I dont have it anymore.

does anyone know?

MyJourney Wed, Dec-31-03 09:34

I went to their website to look

acetylated monoglyceride, beeswax and/or carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, iron oxides, lecithin, methylparaben, microcrystalline cellulose, pharmaceutical glaze, povidone, propylparaben, silicon dioxide, simethicone, sodium benzoate, sodium lauryl sulfate, starch, stearic acid, sucrose, titanium dioxide

Advil has sucrose in it! OMG!

now I need to find out how many carbs I had taking 3 advil. I didnt suck on them or anything ack!

Tammyjoe Wed, Dec-31-03 09:35

:eek: OMG Who in the world would have thought to check an aspirin (Advil,etc) for sugar!!!!!!! Not me anyway. Thanks for letting us dummies know about it.
Lois

Rosebud Wed, Dec-31-03 09:36

I wouldn't lose too much sleep over it, matey. Sucrose is waaay down the list of ingredients, meaning that the actual amount of sugar is very tiny. ;)

I hope they fixed the cramps! :there:

:rose:Rosebud:rose:

MyJourney Wed, Dec-31-03 09:48

Well as nutty as I am I called them and asked

143mg of sucrose per caplet

I took 3 so I had about half a gram of carbs

Next time I will get the gelcaps. The lady said those have no sugar.

BlitzedAng Wed, Dec-31-03 10:00

The last time I took advil the taste was like sucking on a sugar cube..YUCK.. And to think those were the only ones I liked to take before LCing,lol.

Marieshops Wed, Dec-31-03 10:07

Yes, definately go for the liqui-gels with no sugar from Advil. I had to switch because I had always used Tylenol before lc and they add corn starch to theirs as a filler/thickener. Maybe I am too compulsive about what I put in my mouth anymore, but darn it when you have worked hard to make good healthy changes and goofy companies stick ingredients in stuff that they don't have to - ughhhhh! Hope your cramps are gone. Have you tried Evening Primrose Oil? I use it about once a month and it seems to help lessen any problems. Take care.
Marie

mickey65 Wed, Dec-31-03 10:30

Sugar or no sugar, if I have cramps, a headache or whatever else that is making me feel ill - I'll take Advil to make me feel better, when regular aspirin doesn't do it for me.

Jeez...

yvonne326 Wed, Dec-31-03 10:35

I take generic Ibuprofen which is "buffered" without that orangy-coating thus no sucrose. Either way...when you need it, you need it. I'm not concerned on the amount of sucrose it has because it works!