Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   What's Your Menus Like & Poll? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184944)

wnnabethin Sun, May-16-04 20:45

What's Your Menus Like & Poll?

I was just wondering what kind of menus were some of you having, what LC diets you were doing, and your overall opinion of what has ATKINS done for you. I'm on ATKINS and have been on it for more than a month now :) My menus is based on eggs, chicken, meat, hotdogs, tuna fish, bacon, fish, veggies, lots of mayo & mustard, and water...not the best menu I know but what can i say!? I ain't much of a cook lol :D

Your view on the ATKINS Diet Revolution Poll:
  1. I'm on it!
  2. Not for me
  3. Worked wonders!
  4. Didn't worked, Not very satisfy

dixiemamma Sun, May-16-04 20:50

ummm... I eat lots of
chicken (breasts)
turkey (breasts and deli kind)
beef (you name it)
pork (chops, loin, ham)
CHEESE and more CHEESE (string, motazerella, chedder, american)
celery
broccoli
squash
zuccinni
peppers (bell, habenero)
bacon
pepporonnis
sausage
greens (mostly Romaine and mustard)
mayo, mustard
and OMG who could forget EGGS!!!

Logan Sun, May-16-04 22:20

pork
ham
bacon
chicken
beef
sausage
cottage cheese (ltd)
cream (ltd)
cheese (ltd)
eggs
alphalpha spouts
lettuce
brocolli
limited other salad vegetables

celestia Sun, May-16-04 22:58

I started on April 6th, 2004. My diet isn't what it should be. I don't eat veggies, and haven't since I was about 10, so I am missing out. However, I love my meat and cheese :)

onehotmama Mon, May-17-04 07:31

I have been on quite a few months, and eat a huge variety of foods =- all meats, all acceptable veggies, cheese, eggs, dressing and lots of water. I have recently incorporated little things like lowcarb dressings, sauces etc. I LOVE this way of life.

JanJ Mon, May-17-04 09:41

I've been on Atkins for 4 months now. I love this WOE. Foods I eat are eggs, chicken (lots), beef, pork (not so much), broccoli, cabbage, bell peppers, bacon, sausage, lettuce (butterhead and romaine), bleu cheese dressing, mayo, salmon, peanuts, cream cheese, cheddar cheese (not so much), cream tea and coffee. I'm really bad about drinking water but I'm trying to drink more...

dixiemamma Mon, May-17-04 11:49

I just added shrimp as one of my favorites. I have always loved it but for it was carb free. I think thats gonna be added to my regular diet. I made a kick butt dreamfield pasta dish for lunch with it YUMMY!

Jenn1851 Mon, May-17-04 12:14

Beef, chicken, low carb BBQ sauce :) tuna, mayo, lettuce, cheddar cheese, bacon bits, lc dressing, peanuts, green beans, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli, lots of water and one Diet pepsi a day, bacon, sausage, eggs

I love this way of life too--I have been doing Atkins since March 28th!!!!

jemman Mon, May-17-04 12:36

in no particular order...

eggs
chicken
shrimp
beef
broccoli
squash
onions
peppers
cucumbers
pickles
olives
asparagus
lettuce
cheese
canadian bacon
cauliflower
zucchini
cantelope
berries
NUTS!
water
cream cheese
yogurt
jello
celery
jalepenos
salsa

there has to be more, but those are my main "staples"

Akasha Mon, May-17-04 14:19

I eat a variety of things.

Eggs, cheese, turkey bacon, turkey hot dogs, leaf lettuce, green beans, italian and ranch dressing, lc ketchup, lc yogurt, lc bread, sugar free jello and popsicles, boca burgers (yum), veggie sausage, roasted chicken and turkey, pickles, lc chips, amoungst other things!

wnnabethin Mon, May-17-04 17:34

Originally posted by dixiemamma:

Quote:
I just added shrimp as one of my favorites. I have always loved it but for it was carb free. I think thats gonna be added to my regular diet. I made a kick butt dreamfield pasta dish for lunch with it YUMMY!

Yummy!!! :yum: I love shrimp and fish! Specially shrimp in sauce with salad :) I went to a chinese restaurant (the one where you CAN EAT ALL YOU WANT) yesterday and they had this delicious chinese fish gourmet especial, like three diff kind of dishes and i just had to have it...all of e'm, i ate like a pig :D but it was ok cos after all, they are all proteins right?

AFwife Tue, May-18-04 04:38

Chicken
Pork chops
Steaks
Ground beef
Bacon
Beef
Pork
Eggs
Tomato's
Tuna fish
Mayo
Olive oil
Canola oil
Yogurt
Pecans
Macadamia's
Crab meat (imitation and very limited)
Broccoli
Lettuce
Onions
Green & Red peppers
Avocado
Olives
Butter
Mustard
Cream cheese
Ricotta cheese
String cheese
CarbSmart Klondike bars :)
Whip cream
LC cheesecake
Nestle Cocoa
WATER!

And my once a month treat of Chinese food. Usually sweet and sour chicken with chicken fried rice.

No seafood, I'm allergic. :(

nikotyme Tue, May-18-04 05:10

All of the above minus avocados, my treat is strawberries and cream at this time, that will change as other berries come into season, but its usually fruit that I like as a treat as opposed to rice or potatoes.

shortstuff Tue, May-18-04 10:43

Let's see

beef
chicken
pork
lamb
bacon
sausage
turkey
small amounts of cheese
butter
cream
LC yogurt
strawberries
blueberries
raspberries
cantelope (muskmellon)
eggs
romaine
red leaf lettuce
kale
spinach
swiss chard
radishes (red ones and daikon)
turnips
tomatoes
spring onions
cucumber
avocado
cabbage
celery
jicama
zucchini
yellow summer squash
sweet peppers
eggplant
occasionally 1 slice of LC spinach bread (it's super good)
sour cream
cream cheese
ocean fish and freshwater fish both
shrimp
green beans
asparagus

that's all I can think of for now. I know there's more veggies I eat, just can't think what they are right now.

shortstuff

RCG Fri, May-21-04 14:29

I lost almost 90 lbs and have kept it off for over 2 years following Dr. Atkins plan. The beauty of this is, even though my scale weight has remained constant I have continued to lose inches.