Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Finally in a size 26!!!!!!!!! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=171244)

meltinaway Sat, Mar-06-04 21:17

Finally in a size 26!!!!!!!!!

For over 8 years now, I have walked into Walmart, K-Mart, Fashion Bug, etc. and could not fit into the largest size they carried, (size 26.) When I started this WOL in Jan., I wore a size 32/34 and had to order my clothes from catalogues. Well, today I went to Walmart and tried on a size 26 and IT FIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:yay: I couldn't believe it and figured it was just made really big so I tried on another size 26 in a completely different style of shirt and IT FIT TOO!!!!! :yay: So I tried on another size 26 in a different style and IT FIT TOO!!!!!:yay:

I stood there in the middle of the plus size dept. and started crying my eyes out! People were looking at me like I was insane but I could'nt control myself. This is a huge step for me. I finally fit in regular plus sized clothes! I am crying again just writing about it. I love this WOL.

Oh and by the way, I crossed my legs today too. Without having to pull one leg over the other. It just happened naturally. It is amazing the things you CAN'T do because of weight and even more amazing when you can finally do them again. These may be silly things to write about but they mean the world to me.

hummelda Sat, Mar-06-04 21:19

((((HUGS))))) Way to go! There are so many wonderful milestones along the way and just savour every one of them! You have done soooo well!

Louise

kath310 Sat, Mar-06-04 21:41

meltinaway (LOVE the name!!)--

Congratulations!!! That's excellent!! Enjoy this great feeling, but don't buy too many new clothes because you'll be down a size or two more before you know it!! Way to go!!!

newme2b Sat, Mar-06-04 21:57

That is absolutely wonderful!!! It sure does the esteem a whole lot of good when you are finally able to do something that to others seems so simple.

What an awesome achievement. Be proud, because you are doing great!

Charran Sat, Mar-06-04 23:39

WTG on the new clothes size! What an awesome feeling! Every little new thing that we are able to do should be celebrated. I for one am looking forward to being able to see my toes without having to lean forward!

tlmarshall Sun, Mar-07-04 01:19

What a great story to share with us! I can feel the happiness....good on you!

diemde Sun, Mar-07-04 07:07

Woohoo! WTG! You should be very proud of yourself. I know the feeling...it's like a whole new shopping experience just opened up for you. And it's great to have more selection! Congratulations!

Tedmom Sun, Mar-07-04 07:25

What a great feeling, isn't it? Congratulations! Julie.

itsgottago Sun, Mar-07-04 09:43

:dazzle: Way to go!! You must feel wonderful! What an accomplishment! Just think of the money you'll save now that you can get your clothes off the rack! :yay:

liz175 Sun, Mar-07-04 09:43

:bhug: As someone who was once in exactly the situation you describe, your post almost made me cry. Whenever I read posts on the forum written by people complaining that they need to shop in the plus size department, I realize they don't have a clue how lucky they are. It's all relative, isn't it? When I started I also had to buy all my clothes from catalogues. Being able to shop in a store is a wonderful milestone.

I remember one day over a year ago, walking into a plus size department and realizing that I could wear the size 24s and 26s. I must have tried on half the department (it felt so good to be able to try on clothes and not just pick them out from a picture in a catalogue). A salesperson came over to me and said something sympathetically about the difficulty of finding clothes in a large size. She didn't have a clue that I was trying them on not because I was dissatisfied with the selection and how I looked in the clothes, but because I was so thrilled to have any selection at all!

tammy39 Sun, Mar-07-04 13:30

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!! your nick name here fits you well,you ARE melting away!! i know just how you felt being able to where clothes from a reg store,gives you a high like no drugs could,lol.cant wait to hear about your next mile stone......:)

brdgrl Sun, Mar-07-04 17:13

Congratulations! I know exactly how you feel. Right now I am on the 28/26 cusp, so I too am experiencing the "I can buy things off the rack!" phenomenon. Isn't it wonderful? Good job. Stick with it
Birdgirl

snburch Sun, Mar-07-04 20:12

Thank you for sharing your experience. It was very touching. Congratulations on your success...it's very inspriational.

Heath Sun, Mar-07-04 20:55

That's a great day for you. I'm really waiting for my 3X days! Congratulations, I'm really happy for you!

H

Wenzday Mon, Mar-08-04 07:09

wow...I started Atkins when I hit a size 26 because most the stores here go to 24 and I was scared..didnt even know where I would get clothes soon... I am SOO happy for you . you are losing so much weight and I am sure MUCH happier and healthier too! :)