Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Newbies' Questions (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=110)
-   -   "feeling Terrible" (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=36188)

agent86 Tue, Mar-05-02 18:19

"feeling Terrible"

I have been on the induction for a month now...I am 42 yrs of age (male). I am not really over wieght...I just wanted to loose a big belly...I started out ~175 lbs and am now ~ 165 lbs. I am 5'9.
I go to Denneys every morning and have "the Ultimite Omlete and an order of bacon with REAL coffee (black) . for lunch I have had a salad with chicken meat from a local fast food joint and two burger patties. For dinner I will have a good sized steak and a veggie. I have not cheated at all...I could have done better with the drinking water rule...but I feel I have done ok.

I went through and enjoyed the surge on energy within two weeks of induction. NOW I am VERY IRRiTABLE around my wife and others...I have little patience...

For the last two days I have felt so weak, I must either get off the diet or find out what I am doing wrong...

Should I start eating more veggies? or carbs? I must have overdone the induction phase...

Brad Wallace
Edwardsville, ILL.

gwilson38 Tue, Mar-05-02 19:15

hi Brad

Im sorry U "feel terrible" but Im sure its something U can fix while still staying low-carb. 1st of all what supplements are U taking? 2 that come to mind that may be useful is a stress B tab---- full of the B vitamins. Another is potassium. Let me kow what U R taking and then we will take it from there. Im sure others will have some great input to help U too.

agent86 Tue, Mar-05-02 19:33

I am only taking what some young kid at GNC told me what was best to take...."mega Men" Dietary Supplement...it has b-1 and b-2....have I been on induction too long? or could it be the caffine?

thanks

brad wallace

Karen Wed, Mar-06-02 01:59

Calcium, magnesium and potassium will also help. And you can increase your vegetables. It helps with turning the "diet" aspect into a way of life.

Some people - I for one - experience this as part of withdrawal. It sometimes takes a little longer to go through detox, if you were formerly a heavy carb user.

I used to get totally furious in the early stages of this WOE, so I learned how to deal with it instead of using carbs to deal with it. It does take I while, and it's not always pretty, but it was entirely worth it for me.

Karen

gwilson38 Wed, Mar-06-02 10:09

Hi Brad

It sounds like at least for now if U add a few more supplements and carbs as in veggies U will feel a lot better. Magnesium has a real calming effect so that could help. U may need more of all the B vitamins particularly vit B 6...and coffee will have a major effect on your mood as it tends to spike the insulin levels.

kelmac Wed, Mar-06-02 11:40

I am a culprit of the avoidance of water. I get cold when I drink it and feel like I'm drowning and disgustingly bloated after 2 huge glasses...BUT...man oh man, you have to do it or the diet just doesn't work.

The first week, sure, because you lose all that water weight.

Drink up man -- it'll help at least with the losing.

As for being crabby, it could just be psychological. I know I'm kind of ticked off for not being able to eat my cheese poofers any more.

Think aqua...

Kel

gwilson38 Wed, Mar-06-02 12:00

hi Kelmac

Most people who low-carb complain about being cold. At least at 1st. It is partly because of your metabolism is changing, possibly too because of a dramatic weight loss. Dr Eades talks about the magnesium miracle in PPLP. And I have laso read several place that magnesium helps to regulate the bodies thermostat. Since I have increased my mag suppllement I dont feel as cold anymore.

kelmac Wed, Mar-06-02 12:21

This is not new to me...I'm always cold and water just gives me chills beyond chills.

I suffer through it but thanks for the note.

Kel