Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Toronto Get-Together .. Sunday, July 22 (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=11867)

doreen T Thu, Jul-12-01 22:49

Toronto Dinner - Sunday, July 22

OK, discussion between the out-of-towners has narrowed it down to Sunday, July 22. I could probably manage driving Saturday the 21st (75% chance) but it would be a real problem for Sharon, who's coming 2.5 hrs down from Owen Sound. For me, the drive Sunday morning, sans heavy trucks and transports would be a real blessing.

The weekend after is out, and I recall Debbie mentioned she's away on vacation in August, so it's now or never! Let's go for it. .. :)

I found a wonderful-sounding restaurant, Greek Odyssey ... everything sounds great, they can substitute side dishes (salad and steamed veggies for rice and potatoes) ... They have an outdoor patio too, so if it's a nice day ..... :D ... click here to check them out ..... scroll down the menu on the left side of the page, includes price list too, and a map.

They're in Scarborough, 1415 Kennedy Rd. (at Ellesmere), south of the 401. I'll attach a map, below (the restaurant is located at the black dot).

It would be good to know ASAP if this is suitable or not, so an alternate can be selected ... and reservations made in time .. :)

Doreen

Sharon Fri, Jul-13-01 05:14

Sunday

Hi Doreen, count me IN for Sunday the 22nd. I could probably make the Saturday (21) later in the day if others can't make it on the Sunday. I have a commitment here for the first part of the Saturday (but I'll have to check my datebook to see what time it's for).

I'll check back in later today and see what other folks are thinking.

The restaurant looks lovely....good choice..

I say to everyone who is interested at all "Let's Do it" I'm sure it will be a day to remember and "chat" about for days to come... It's always hard to get a date to suit everyone....so HOPEFULLY, this will work.

Sunday sounds great....might even make it an "all nighter"!!! Breakfast anyone? :)

Have a great day everyone...I'm off to the "Salt Mines".

jomil Fri, Jul-13-01 06:54

Doreen

Count me in if we are meeting around noon for lunch on Sunday July 22nd at the Kennedy Road Greek restaurant that you mentioned.

Regards
Joe

sylvie p Fri, Jul-13-01 07:22

Doreen,

Count me in with my hubby. Is it a noon or 1 pm time frame?

Sylvie p

doreen T Fri, Jul-13-01 08:48

time ... lunch ...

Lunch sounds fine ... 1 p.m. would be best, gives me time to "check-in" if I'm staying over.

Just a note ... could folks please indicate how MANY there will be? partners, spouses, blind dates, etc ... :p .. so we know how large a space to reserve.

I'm so looking forward to meeting everybody, and to getting away period ... :D .. I haven't been to Toronto in nearly 4 yrs!

Doreen

debbiedobson Fri, Jul-13-01 10:32

sounds good to me! i don't know if dave will come or not because he's away this weekend. i'll be able to let you know sunday night or monday! yippeeeeee!!!!:D

Sharon Fri, Jul-13-01 11:24

Lunch

Really looking forward to meeting everyone. I'm sure there will be others who won't want to miss being part of our "First" get together!!

tamarian Fri, Jul-13-01 11:28

Great job folks, I'm really happy that Vancouver is no longer the only weird and freindly low-carb bunch!! :)

Wa'il

Karen Fri, Jul-13-01 11:39

Quote:
Originally posted by tamarian
Great job folks, I'm really happy that Vancouver is no longer the only weird and freindly low-carb bunch!! :)

Wa'il

Weird and friendly? It's from the weird and friendly additives that are put in our coffee out here! Wa'il, you're the one that's weird. The rest of us are friendly. ;)

It's very cool that two LC.ca events are happening on the same day!

Karen

doreen T Fri, Jul-13-01 11:45

Quote:
It's very cool that two LC.ca events are happening on the same day!
Karen, I didn't even realise that until after I'd posted ... yes, way cool... :cool: ... I'm planning to stay in Toronto until Monday, so won't be able to "report" till later. (unless I find a cyber Café .... not that I'm addicted to you guys or anything)

Do

jomil Fri, Jul-13-01 14:03

Doreen please put me down for 'one' only as my wife is too shy.

See all at one pm on Sunday the 22nd.

Thanks a lot

Regards
Joe

Sharon Fri, Jul-13-01 14:06

shy

Jomil...did you not tell her we were weird and friendly??

Did you show her the great menu???

Looking forward to seeing you!!

jomil Fri, Jul-13-01 14:21

Sharon

She already knows about the 'weird and friendly' bit.

She is miles ahead of me on lunches with her girl friends....I have to 'catch up', with my weird and friendly LC WOL friends.

I looking forward to hearing all about how Doreen became such a computer whiz..... or is it wazzz.

Regards
Joe

I am retired so that I can basically attend any number of LC meetings.

By the way.... wouldn't it be a good idea for each to bring a LC favouite recipe...... I have a sauce that makes chicken and turkeys stand up and SING.

Sharon Fri, Jul-13-01 14:45

Recipe

Hi Jomil...(it's been a long week at work...thank goodness it's over, but my mind is starting to shut down!!), do you mean bring a "taste sample" or the recipe.

For me, I'm thinking of coming to the city on Saturday evening...so it would be little more complicated to keep something fresh..(if that was your thought).

We can always share "written recipes" right here......but hey....I'm always open to any great suggestions. (I was actually thinking about making some bread to share, but since we're doing the restaurant thing, didn't think it would be appropriate).

I definitely hope that this will be the first of our Southern Ontario get togethers....but I still have to look at the distance for Doreen, and others....I'm sure it will restrict some of us to the "summer driving weather".

Let us know what you were thinking??? What's this about this sauce....have you been holding out on us?????

:)

Shar

Karen Fri, Jul-13-01 19:43

Quote:
I looking forward to hearing all about how Doreen became such a computer whiz..... or is it wazzz.

I think it was whazz, as in whazzing up! ;)

Karen