Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Since Atkins hot cereal is ok during Induction... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=163684)

KristyC Sat, Jan-31-04 14:30

Since Atkins hot cereal is ok during Induction...

is the Keto brand hot cereal ok, too? It has 3 net carbs, as well. I was looking up the Atkins hot cereal on their website and it has the "1" beside it, meaning it is ok during Induction, which I didn't know. Has anyone tried the Keto hot cereal?

Lisa N Sat, Jan-31-04 15:01

I eat the Keto hot cereal all the time and have not found it to stall me or contain hidden carbs. It's also high in fiber and other vitamins and minerals. One caution, though..it IS low in fat, so add some butter and/or cream to it to help it stay with you until lunch time. :)

Wenzday Sat, Jan-31-04 15:04

KETO is what I use..only so often it isnt super yummy..rather an aquired taste...as a matter of fact its kind of like eating a bowl of metamucil! lolol

Patte Sun, Feb-01-04 20:33

I eat the Low Carb Success hot cereal...I love it...just one net carb gram...and 12 grams of fiber!!!! It's very good.

paradise Sun, Feb-01-04 22:48

KristyC, I've been eating the Keto Apple Cinnamon hot cereal for a long time. Be forewarned, don't stick to the instructions on the can. Three oz. of water makes it like a brick. Just experiment each day and up the water slowly. I worked myself up to 5.5-6.0 oz. water. My non-LCing husband claims it tastes like "bizarre applesauce" but I like it. I heard the Old Fashioned Oatmeal flavor was not very good, but the other "fruity" flavors were good. Good luck on your LC journey!!!

KristyC Mon, Feb-02-04 12:22

Thanks for the advice, everyone! I have the Banana Nut flavor and I'll add butter to it. ;)

livingintn Mon, Feb-02-04 12:34

I just bought some of the Carb Sense hot cereal, Apple Cinnamon flavor, because I'm trying to up my fiber intake. It, too, tastes good with some butter, splenda, and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top...3 net carbs with 12g fiber per half cup dry. Only problem in my opinion is that the stuff is pretty expensive considering you only get about 10 servings per box.

sixpence Mon, Feb-02-04 15:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingintn
I just bought some of the Carb Sense hot cereal, Apple Cinnamon flavor, because I'm trying to up my fiber intake. It, too, tastes good with some butter, splenda, and a little cinnamon sprinkled on top...3 net carbs with 12g fiber per half cup dry. Only problem in my opinion is that the stuff is pretty expensive considering you only get about 10 servings per box.
Be sure to count the 1 carb in the Splenda packet. Also, be careful with the amount of cinnamon, it has carbs in it too.

Skyangel Mon, Feb-02-04 15:57

I eat the Keto hot cereal. Apple cinnamon is my favorite. I prefer to add a couple of tbls. of bran to increase fiber and texture.

Some cream on top makes it really yummy, too.

JackieGA Thu, Feb-05-04 20:11

Livingintn - where do you find the Carb Sense hot cereal? I would imagine we would have the same grocery stores around.