Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   I think this is gonna work (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=147863)

kertrats Sun, Nov-09-03 20:35

I think this is gonna work

Hi all,
I am a "life-time" Weight Watcher member - that doesn't mean I reached goal, far from it....means I've been going on and off for a lifetime!
I first read the Carbo Addicts Diet last spring and did ok on it for a bit but depression raised its ugly head and I turned to my old "friends" carbs.

Now back to the "I have to do something" thinking got me to read Atkins book and let me tell ya...my mouth was hanging open! Now I feel like I wanna sue WW's for lying to me all these years plus the emotional/mental distress!!!

I've been on Atkins for 2 weeks and can feel the difference already. I NEVER thought I could go without carbs like this and NOT have it bother me. I remember the hell I would go thru with WW's at Hallowe'en with all the little chocolate bars around [Easter a close second] but this year I just stared at the chocolate bars and didn't really want them ... absolutely bazzzzzzar!!!!:yay:

I really believe that this is gonna be the one for me and especially feel that I've deflected the diabetes monster that was definitely heading my way and fast.

Lori H Sun, Nov-09-03 20:41

Me too, me too, me too! Tried WW...lost weight...starving all time....gained weight back. I love Atkins though. If I'm hungry, I eat an allowed food. I too was amazed at how the cravings lessened. I still have to be careful as even the fake sugar will trigger them again so I avoid it for the most part.

Good to have you with us!

Paulie-M Sat, Jun-10-06 13:40

Hi,

Good luck on your low carb journey. It seems like you are doing great :thup:

McLeodsGrl Sat, Jun-10-06 17:01

I know exactly what you mean. I had been on WW off and on since I was 17. I either stayed on the plan and stayed hungry and unsatisfied or I was driving myself nuts trying to figure out and keep up with all the points of whatever I ate. Then figure out I did it wrong and had to skip dinner cuz I had already reached my points allowance. Needless to say I gave up many times, but this feels SSOOOOO much better if I get hungry I just eat as much as I want of a food thats allowed and so many of them taste great that I don't feel deprived at all. It sounds like you are as pumped up about this as I am. More power to ya!! I wish the best for you!

Zer Sat, Jun-10-06 17:34

Did WW in 1970 and went from 230# to 180# and felt pretty fine for 5'10" at 26 - but was clueless how to handle that body, so I layered up pretty fast and hid behind a wall of fearful blubber. Years passed. Atkins looks like my last best chance to find my firm thighs and washboard abs. Let's show those folks who say LC doesn't work. Let's show 'em that Dr.Atkins was right! -Zer

melissa G Sun, Jun-11-06 08:17

Hi, Welcome to the forum and Good Luck!!!