Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Countdowns, Buddies & Challenges (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=106)
-   -   Throw Away the Underwear Fun! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=184070)

vyyz Wed, May-12-04 11:24

Throw Away the Underwear Fun!

I think one of the best parts of healthy weight loss is enjoying the loss.
But with the numbers moving down the scale, clothing changes.

Well, I got some fun for all of you! I challenge you to the 'Throw Away Your Underwear' Fun.

This was inspired by a girlfriend of mine who when she noticed that her bra gave little to no support due to her weight loss.

She felt liberated and tried on all her bras and underwear then donated the 'decent' ones that didn't fit to a womens shelter.

It was a well deserved treat for someone who's weight loss goals included to drop from a DD cup to a decent D or C cup.

Next, we went to the mall and had her fitted properly for new bras. The well informed sale woman gave us information on how a bra makes such a HUGE difference, and *GASP* how a bad bra can make ones figure, regardless of size, unevenly poportioned due to poor sizing!

Whoa, good info!

With 4 new bras, matching bottoms, and two sports bra tops, she was ecstatic!

Out of all the old bras, she only kept one and wrote a message inside the cup to remind her of her successful journey.

Now she's challenged me and I am going to challenge you too!

One of my goals is to have a stronger back, decrease some of my breast weight and the cirumference.

How many bras could you do without?

When you have a few to throw/give away, post up the cup size and the size you are now!

Hurrah!

**Very important to buy a bra that not only looks good but gives good back/shoulder support and appropriate for certain activities.
Breast care is important for good health!**

Vanity3 Wed, May-12-04 11:37

I am good about buying new bras when I need them, it's my clothes that i'm bad about. I hang on until I cant pin, tuck or belt them any more. I give my business suits to a women's shelter, but the trendy stuff I give to a consignment shop that sales them and splits the profits with you. I guess this weekend, I have to go buy more dress slacks for work, people are starting to mention that they don't fit!

vyyz Wed, May-12-04 12:22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanity3
I am good about buying new bras when I need them, it's my clothes that i'm bad about. I hang on until I cant pin, tuck or belt them any more. I give my business suits to a women's shelter, but the trendy stuff I give to a consignment shop that sales them and splits the profits with you. I guess this weekend, I have to go buy more dress slacks for work, people are starting to mention that they don't fit!

Ah, a woman after my own heart! I'm a pack rat of sorts. I do donate all old stuff to Salvation army though.

Consignment shops are a dangerous place. I walk in with stuff then shop for more stuff!

Shoes are the next obssession for me.

Iowagirl Thu, May-13-04 09:29

When I saw the title of this post I was left with the impression that you were throwing out the undies for good! Thought I'd stumbled into a commando thread. :)

Just bought some new bras, myself the other day. My problem is I don't want to spend a lot of money and I don't like trying them on. (usually I have my daughters with me anyway - I have visions of the dressing room door being flung open by my four year old) Tuesday I was kid free so I tried on some very nice, pretty bras - paid much more than I normally do. But it was worth it.

vyyz Thu, May-13-04 09:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
When I saw the title of this post I was left with the impression that you were throwing out the undies for good! Thought I'd stumbled into a commando thread. :)

So any changes to your breast weight since?
Have you noticed any changes?

Yeah, I'm not fond of try out bras myself but I found out so much when I did ask for the assistant of a sales person.

But yeah, sometimes I just want to pick it up and pay :)

It's a bad practice, but eh :)

Iowagirl Thu, May-13-04 10:05

I have noticed a change in the bra size but not the cup. My "girth" has reduced so I buy a size or two smaller than I did before. Woo hoo for that!

vyyz Thu, May-13-04 13:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iowagirl
I have noticed a change in the bra size but not the cup. My "girth" has reduced so I buy a size or two smaller than I did before. Woo hoo for that!

Whoops! I meant bra size! My b/f was confused why I'd laugh at his misconception of between a 36C is better then a 40C?

Something is getting smaller on you Iowagirl and that deserves a bra!

Elisann Thu, May-13-04 14:01

I'll join in here...I started at a 46DDD. Just last week bought 42DD, although I am filling the cups to the brim I can actually fasten them on the middle hooks and still be comfortable :)

Iowagirl Thu, May-13-04 14:14

Wow - good for you! How nice to be able to buy off the racks! :)

Ricki Thu, May-13-04 14:58

I'm afraid of losing in that particular area...I might become a double D LONG! Aaaagh!

Iowagirl Fri, May-14-04 08:07

LOL - well then we'll just have to get you a wheelbarrow.