Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Canada (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   liquid splenda in CANADA?????????? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=133421)

2Airedales Wed, Aug-27-03 15:06

liquid splenda in CANADA??????????

On another thread someone said that we can get liquid Splenda in Canada.

WHERE??? WHat stores???

IslandGirl Wed, Aug-27-03 15:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Airedales
On another thread someone said that we can get liquid Splenda in Canada.

WHERE??? WHat stores???

The urban legend continues. Not yet to my knowledge. If you can get some specifics or point to the thread....

For some strange reason a lot of americans mix up our SugarTwin liquid (with cyclamates) with Splenda liquid (with sucralose).

2Airedales Wed, Aug-27-03 16:12

it's the thread about petition for liquid splenda..
A member from Ontario said that She can get liquid Splenda in Canada

I've got no clue on how to link it!!

2Airedales Wed, Aug-27-03 16:22

I sent a private message to the person who posted.

To see where she gets her Liquid Splenda

Crimson Fri, Aug-29-03 15:42

I don't know anything about liquid splenda in canada, but I do know you can get the powdered kind and also liquid stevia at London drugs. I use the powder splenda for cooking, and the liquid stevia for a quick fix in my tea or whatever needs a bit of sweetening. A couple of drops goes a long way!

diamondlil Wed, Sep-03-03 22:32

I read about Liquid Splenda on the Suzanne Somers boards and I think it was a commercial baking product that could only be purchased in specialty stores or something like that. Unfortunately, the SS boards are down until Sept. 15th for renovation and purging of old posts.

chemong932 Mon, Nov-10-03 22:08

liquid splenda

There is a low carb internet store that is selling what they claim to be liquid splenda. I posted on another site that has a petition to get liquid splenda in the U. S. and was told it is a watered down version. Not that it would be helpful to us in Canada, this site only ships to the U. S.
Melanie

Michele-67 Wed, Jan-14-04 21:34

Here's hoping?!?

Hi everyone - I was recently on the www.locarber.com website where they sell the 0 Carb Syrup Concentrate. It shows that they now ship worldwide. They had previously stated US shipping only. So I enquired about shipping to Canada. They indicated that they now have a supplier in Canada. Yay! :yay: :yay:

I should be getting more details in the next few days. I'll post when I have more info.

Michele

Nikki_D Thu, Jan-15-04 02:13

Great news Michele! I look forward to hearing what you find out.

Nikki

Michele-67 Fri, Jan-16-04 20:19

Zero Carb Syrup in Canada

Hi everyone - Here is the response I received...

Hi Michele:
I received your email and Trish's.

Our site isn't up and running yet, but I see no reason why we can't do business now that we have stock. Here are the prices, if you are interested in ordering, I will give you shipping charges after you send me your address. We had intended to use Paypal as almost everyone has it and it is so easy to register if you haven't. If you would prefer to send a money Order or make other arrangement, let me know. We can ship by Canada Post or Can Par, whichever you prefer. I can price both for you.
Wheat Protein Isolate $19.50 2 lb.
Zero Carb Syrup $25.25 8 oz.
Black Soy Beans $ 3.50 1 lb. dry, organic
Da Vinci Syrup $12.25 750 ml

We have ordered ketone strips, but they are not in yet.
I am checking into low carb marshmellows, nut extracts, citrus oils and low carb chocolate chips. We are very interested in the opinions of our customers. If there is something that interests you and you haven't been able to find, please let us know.

We are located in Bridgenorth, Ontario, just north of Peterborough.

Take care
Melanie

If you would like Melanie's email address, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Michele

Nikki_D Sat, Jan-17-04 02:13

$25.25 for an 8 ounce bottle - seems a bit high in exchange rate considering it's listed on their site for $17.99 (or would this be inclusive of shipping? I'm guessing not...). Ah well, I probably won't be ordering it just yet, so my questions are more rhetorical than actual questions.

it does seem to be a watered down version of the liquid splenda, but it's still better than the powered filler stuff!

asalvato Sun, Jan-18-04 13:31

I use this product and it is not watered down. An 8 ounce bottle is equivalent to 32 cups of sugar. I use it daily and it does not make recipes too liquid. For 1/2 cup sugar equivalent you use 3/4 teaspoon.

Nikki_D Sun, Jan-18-04 23:05

well it *is* watered down liquid splenda - seeing as the first ingredient is *water* - then sucralose. liquid splenda is much sweeter in its pure form.

I'm not criticizing the product and I would consider using it if money wasn't an issue right now.

IslandGirl Mon, Jan-19-04 13:17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michele-67
Hi everyone - Here is the response I received...

If you would like Melanie's email address, pm me your email address and I will send it to you.

Michele
Hi, there.

Can you send me Melanie's (the Canadian supplier of locarber's splenda syrup concentrate) email address? You can't receive PM's yet -- need 20 or so posts first. Hmmmmmmm. Guess you'll have to post it here except that's not so recommended...Maybe you could just post a few things and THEN the PM would work.

Thanks.

Jude

Michele-67 Mon, Feb-02-04 17:07

Website for liquid splenda

Hi everyone - The website where you can buy liquid splenda in Canada appears to be up and running. The link is www.low-carbing.com.

Michele