Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Here I go...again.... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=453059)

krissy0120 Mon, Jun-03-13 20:12

Here I go...again....

So, here I am, again....lost 50 pounds on Atkins while in nursing school in 2001 and felt wonderful!! On top of the world really...

12 years later, I not only have the 50 to loose again...I have 50 extra to take off!!

I am sooo mad at myself...:mad:
When I lost all my weight the first time I had a "buddy"...but I have since moved and my buddy is over 800 miles away :tears:
So, I was happy when I found this website...hopefully, I can find some "online" buddies to help... :thup:

I started last Tuesday, May 28th, and have lost 10 pounds....I am super happy!! Can't really see a huge difference in how my clothes feel, but I sure do feel better already!!

Enjoy reading everyone's posts here... so inspiring!!! Thank you all.... :)

becky7474 Tue, Jun-04-13 07:00

Welcome! :wave:

krissy0120 Tue, Jun-04-13 09:54

Thank you Becky!

I do have a question, I have noticed that I have not dropped any weight in the past 3 days :(
I do have the ketone test strips, and it says I am burning large.
Is this normal???

When I did Atkins so many years ago, I remember testing daily with those things, but I can't remember what I did as far as weight...

So keep pressing on or do I need to change something up??
Thanks!!

lovinita Tue, Jun-04-13 11:59

Welcome Krissy!

Honestly, I would not expect that high of weight loss all the time.

I lost 8 pounds in my first 1.5 weeks I think. Then it was like 1 pound the following week. Now that my body has adjusted I loose 1-3 pounds on average with a rare exception of 4.5 pounds on week.

I know its hard not to want it soon and quick. But I would say anywhere from .5% - 1% a month of body mass is a good goal.

that would be 1.25-2.5 pounds a week.

To make it permanent, you need to really think of this as an eating adjustment. So you are able to maintain it and not have a continuing yoyo effect.

Journaling what you ate with measurements, so you know what food works for you.

I would keep doing what you are doing.

krissy0120 Wed, Jun-05-13 13:20

OK...thanks :) I remember doing this a few years back but I can't remember for the life of me how quickly it came off, etc....all I remember is one day I woke up and thought "wow...where did it go?!?!?" =)

lovinita Wed, Jun-05-13 13:39

I meant .5-1% of body mass a week... Not a month which is still 1.25-2.5 pounds a week.

Just wanted to correct my contradicting statements.

krissy0120 Wed, Jun-05-13 14:08

If I could loose 2 pounds a week I'd be the happiest girl this side of the moon... :)

anglgrl Thu, Jun-06-13 08:18

Welcome to the board! :wave:
And welcome back to LC :D

krissy0120 Thu, Jun-06-13 08:19

Thanks anglgrl :)

MizKitty Thu, Jun-06-13 09:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by krissy0120
Thank you Becky!

I do have a question, I have noticed that I have not dropped any weight in the past 3 days :(
I do have the ketone test strips, and it says I am burning large.
Is this normal???

When I did Atkins so many years ago, I remember testing daily with those things, but I can't remember what I did as far as weight...

So keep pressing on or do I need to change something up??
Thanks!!

Hi Krissy, welcome back! Congrats on your progress so far.
I want to share a few of my favorite "refresher" links with you:

First off, Why The Scales Can Lie will explain to you why we whoosh and stall and why stalling out right about where you are now is common.

The Eades posted a 2-part series on restarting low carb a while ago that I still re-read from time to time, it's excellent:
Tips & Tricks for Restarting Low Carn, Part 1
Tips & Tricks for Restarting Low Carb, Part 2

krissy0120 Thu, Jun-06-13 10:37

Thanks so much MizKitty...very informative!!! =)

krissy0120 Fri, Jun-07-13 05:55

So, the scale moved this morning!!!! yea!!! 2 pounds..but, I'll take it!!! So I've lost 12 pounds in 10 days....got to love induction!!! :)

Everyone have a good day!!!!

lovinita Fri, Jun-07-13 06:03

That is great news Krissy! Keep up the great work :)

krissy0120 Fri, Jun-07-13 06:10

I do have to ask a question...how do I update my weight and calculate my BMR under the PLAN tab?? I have entered my info under the settings but I can't figure out how to update my weight on it....computer genius I'm not!! lol