Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Today is my one year anniversary (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=97449)

summer10 Tue, Apr-08-03 15:41

Today is my one year anniversary

Today is my one year anniversary on this WOE. I can't believe it's been a whole year!

Even though I am no where near my goal, I feel pretty good that I've been doing this for a year. If someone had told me last year at this time I would be down twenty-nine pounds, I would have been happy with the anticipation of that! So I will be thankful for what I have accomplished.

I know I've completely changed my eating habits, and if I can do it, anyone can.

Summer

DarkLotus Tue, Apr-08-03 16:01

Congrats to you Summer! I can't wait to see your results when the let's get fit challenge is done! I'm sure it will be impressive! :wave:

DWRolfe Tue, Apr-08-03 18:06

Woo woo!

Congratulations on reaching this awesome milestone, Summer!

It's really cool to see more and more of us staying LC for life. When I first joined the forum, there were just a handful (heck, maybe less than that) that had crossed the one year line. Now-a-days the club is really growing (while reducing...oh, you know what I mean... ;) )!

And hats off to you for your positive attitude about not being at goal. But there are so many ways to look at this... For instance, goal is just a number.... or my favorite, think about how much bigger you would be today had you not began LCing a year ago. Heck, I'd prolly be dead, or in a wheelchair at least. But enough about me...this is about YOU!!!

CONGRATULATIONS and WELCOME TO THE ONE YEAR CLUB!!!

Donald :wave:

achio4444 Tue, Apr-08-03 18:13

Congrats!

How awesome for you! :D You are an inspiration...I can't wait until my year anniversary....just think of how much your body loves you for what you have been doing this last year! It's gonna keep thanking you all the way to goal and beyond!

Amy :D

quikdeb Tue, Apr-08-03 18:43

Congratulations. This is a real day to celebrate. You have already succeeded. The rest will follow.

Deb

dcbrowne Tue, Apr-08-03 18:44

Congratulations and happy anniversary-may you have many more on this healthy WOE!!

P_JANE Tue, Apr-08-03 19:13

Congratulations Summer!

29# is fantastic! I am proud of you. And don't worry about not being at your goal. You are still sticking to it and your body is healthier for all the changes over the past year. You have a great attitude and that is half the battle.

Keep up the good work :thup:

hatetocook Tue, Apr-08-03 19:25

Summer!

That's wonderful about your one year milestone!!

And 25.5 inches!! WOW!! That's more than 2 feet of fat gone!!!

kenny Tue, Apr-08-03 19:41

Well done on reaching 1 year Low Carbing. What a great achivement. Your sure show that you have all the necessary commitment to stay with this WOE.

Regards

Kenny

liz175 Tue, Apr-08-03 20:19

Happy one year anniversary! It must be very nice to end a year substantially smaller than when you started it. I have not done that for a long time and I am looking forward to it.

Charran Tue, Apr-08-03 20:24

Just wanted to add my congratulations to you on a job well done. It is indeed an important milestone, thinking that you have been healthy for a whole year and have lost weight doing it. Keep up the great work and the positive attitude. There is nothing but success in your future! :)

saski Tue, Apr-08-03 20:53

Happy anniversary! Well done!

summer10 Wed, Apr-09-03 17:39

Thanks!

Thanks everyone for your positive feedback - It really felt great when I read your comments.

Summer :)

DWRolfe Wed, Apr-09-03 17:59

One more thing...

BTW, Summer...I hope you did something really nice for yourself...a gift maybe????

Donald :wave:

summer10 Mon, Apr-14-03 17:58

Actually Donald, I've been going shopping so much it's seems like I'm doing nice things for myself all the time. (Think I may be a shopaholic.) I keep buying clothes because they finally are starting to look better on me. Can't wait until I get to my goal so I can get a whole new wardrobe... Just wish I was shrinking a little faster!

Summer