Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   When do you notice? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=80531)

Pokey Wed, Jan-15-03 16:32

When do you notice?

Hi well today is my day 14 of induction. I have done well i think and have lost 6.5 lbs. But i dont notice it in my clothes yet. At how many lbs do you start to notice your weight loss?
:confused:

KDdid Wed, Jan-15-03 16:48

I didn't notice until I hit 10 lbs. Not only did I begin to see it, other people began to notice too. 8 lbs.....ehh.....didn't see it. 10 lbs....my pants were a little easier to zip. I didn't have to leave them unbuttoned :eek: I was no longer bulging out of my bra :blush: and my shirts weren't quite so tight around the middle.

I know that sounds like a lot to notice two pounds later, but that's how it happened. I started on the 1st too. Keep it up. You will be rewarded.

lucky1 Wed, Jan-15-03 18:26

I have been on induction since 1/2 and have lost 7 lbs. I too was hoping my clothes would feel a little looser, but I do notice subtle things, especially in my upper arms. A sweater that was too tight in the arms a couple weeks ago feels fine now, so that's great. I was hoping my jeans would feel looser, but I'm sure I'll lose weight from the top down.

Hang in there, and so will I. You're doing great.

Lucky1

LadyBug555 Wed, Jan-15-03 19:59

Patience

micsing Wed, Jan-15-03 20:13

Just how tight were they before???

I didn't notice a major change in clothes until 3 weeks or more....none of mine were tight before (isn't that sad considering the size!)....Keep on going...you'll get there, hopefully with 1 big BANG of loss......

LCing is the greatest..time is the answer!

Micsing

dekdahl Tue, Sep-28-04 09:29

I have found that the more I have to lose - the more pounds I can pack into a size. The difference between a 5 and 7 (never experienced this) is far smaller than the difference between a 22 and 24. So, it takes longer if you've more to lose.

LC-Laur Tue, Sep-28-04 09:37

I could feel it a little in my tummy around 8-10 lbs, but once I hit 25 is when people started to notice... The more I lost, the more "ooh's" and "ahh's" I got. You'll notice, don't worry.

iwill Tue, Sep-28-04 09:40

I think I and other's noticed it really around the 20lb. mark. We're all different.

angeljandy Tue, Sep-28-04 13:02

I noticed at 10 lbs!

amanda_mae Tue, Sep-28-04 13:28

I started noticing slight changes around 10 lbs. It wasn't until around 20-25 lbs that clothes were fitting noticebly bigger.

CindyG Tue, Sep-28-04 14:00

I didn't notice a difference until I'd lost about 15 pounds, then my pants started feeling looser. I didn't need to go to a smaller size until I'd lost about 20-25 pounds. I started out in a 28 pant and I'm now in 24's. So I'm thinking until I'm in 18-16's it will take about 25 pounds to go down a size.

146pounds Tue, Sep-28-04 14:19

It's a little different for everyboody, but generally speaking, in clothes sizes, every ten pounds is a dress size or 1 inch. I started to notice at ten pounds, but after the 20 mark, it's totally noticeable for everybody

Lessara Tue, Sep-28-04 16:44

When you are over 200 you have to lose 20 or more lbs before things get losser. I'm 300, I lost 25lbs and it just barely shows.
Its depressing but at least I'm lighter! Also my roommate who is 540, lost 40lbs and he can't tell at all. so I count my blessings. :)

Justjen72 Tue, Sep-28-04 21:07

It was about 15 lbs for me to notice about 25 lbs for others to notice on me. :)

clark004 Wed, Sep-29-04 04:40

I noticed it at about 10 lbs but it wasn't noticable (or at least when the comments started) until about 20 - 25. I think what made the biggest difference for me was not how many lbs but how many weeks I was consistently exercising. (that took about a month for me)

Everyone I know and care about pretty well have seen the newest version of me so I don't get the "Oh, my, you've lost weight" comments as much. I kind of miss those -- they were a nice motivator. Any body else?