Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   bloated (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=182368)

libra81 Tue, May-04-04 10:49

bloated

Okay, female type question. My period is late, not due to pregnancy my body sometimes switches its cycle, and Ive felt the symptoms of pms for like two weeks now, very bloated, feeling fat, irritable, etc, is it possible to feel bloated for a little while if you skip your period? I"m hoping it is and thats the reason I've been feeling so bad for the past week and a half

danakins Tue, May-04-04 10:50

Have you been drinking all your water and are you *ahem* regular?

Dana

libra81 Tue, May-04-04 12:54

Yes, normally I'm very regular and always drink a lot of water a couple of liters to a gallon a day. I did eat a lot of salty things last weekend though and about a week ago I went on a little russell stovers sf spree and like 10 of those little minitiare candies.

Pugzley Tue, May-04-04 14:05

bloated

For me, definitely on the feeling bloated if period is skipped. I guess our hormones are raging when we feel the pms symptoms. I know I get all the adverse affects whether it comes or not. And eating salty food on top of that really blows me up. My rings are where I can really tell when this is going on. Especially in hot weather, it seems to be worse for me.

I went back and read in Atkin's New Diet Rev. that weight loss can be delayed if the diet is started before or during TOM. I am thinking this would also apply if one is skipped. My body is really touchy on this subject and sometimes I get kind of discouraged when things are not going the way I want them to, but if I can keep my mind open to the possibility that it is water, not fat, then I'm better. :)

libra81 Thu, May-06-04 12:58

thanks, glad to know I'm not alone. this stupid TOM is such pain

pookalee Thu, May-06-04 13:22

yep, tom is bad no matter how you look at it. I just had two in a row. One started on the 15th of April, lasting for a week, then 5 days later, there was another WHOLE one again. Uggghhh, never did that before.

poisinivy Thu, May-06-04 13:44

Your TOM is a very real possibility but for me I've found that if I go on a "Russel Stover" sf candy eating spree I end up feeling bloated for about the next 2 weeks. Full, bloated, kind of suffocated and just plain uncomfortable. That Russel Stover does something real funky to my system and I believe caused me to stall......probably due to overconsumption. I'm actually afraid to eat it now.

Pugzley Thu, May-06-04 16:30

Between the TOM and the scales being such a liar...we ladies really have a challenge when we want to lose weight! :)

Vpeach Sun, Aug-13-06 22:17

OMG! I thought I was the only one that went on a SF treat binge! I started my period a week early...if you want to call what I'm having a period..yuck!

I've been eating the SF candy for 2 days now. I'm not just sitting and eating out of the bag at all hours..but I've had about 7 peices each day.

Now I'm bloated...feel fat..and bah!!!!

And I have a feeling this period isn't going away anytime soon...nastiness

Luzyanna Mon, Aug-14-06 07:41

Try to cut way back on salt intake but otherwise, bloating is very normal and being late will definitely cause water retention. And stay away from those so-called sugar-free treats or at least limit yourself to just one - I know...impossible.

Are you sure you aren't pregnant? LOL

gonwtwindo Mon, Aug-14-06 11:34

Prior to hitting menopause (and even after come to think of it) I would have every symptom of my cycle (most notably PMS and bloating) but no bleeding. SO YES that can be what is happening to you. I'm sorry!!