Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Sort of weird/gross question (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=176987)

SarahBinLA Mon, Apr-05-04 10:51

Sort of weird/gross question

Ok, not sure how to approach this, but here goes anyway:

I was really constipated last week. I mean, nothing was going on. I weighed myself yesterday afternoon and the scale said 261. I then discovered that i had to go to the restroom NOW. After what seemed like a painful eternity, I was through. I decided to weigh myself again, and the scale said 257.5. Is it possible to....uh...have that much in you????

Blulady Mon, Apr-05-04 11:03

Hi Sarah!

In a word... YES! Ugh, lol. The whole bathroom experience has become a major undertaking. I think I'm gonna put a book in there LOL.

~Pam~

pookalee Mon, Apr-05-04 11:03

Apparently so :) ! Wish I could have a good one like that!

SarahBinLA Mon, Apr-05-04 11:20

Blulady, I think I might just haul in the Encyclopedia Britannica. ;-)

leslew5 Mon, Apr-05-04 11:34

YES, this is very possible!

DianaO Mon, Apr-05-04 11:40

Oh yeah!! Take it from someone who drinks 288oz a day! Its possible!

AFwife Mon, Apr-05-04 11:41

Yup, this happens to me too.

hcomeau Mon, Apr-05-04 13:17

I was having that problem a lot until I added in a lot more high fiber veggies like romaine, broccoli and asparagus. I also take 3 metamucil pills after breakfast and 3 after lunch and I go everyday now! If I miss my veggies one day then I don't go so they make a big difference!

sydnarella Mon, Apr-05-04 15:03

high fiber vegetables, sunflower seeds in the shell - there are other things you can take too. I never ever have this problem - even on Atkins. Be sure to stay hydrated too. That helps.

flynnlee Mon, Apr-05-04 15:04

ohh!! i'm gonna have to get more fiber for that one!! lol!! fiber here i come!!

yvonne326 Mon, Apr-05-04 15:10

After a bout of constipation and after I finally went...i dropped like 3 lbs ... so yes, you definitely can have "that much" in you. Not to be gross but BMs that are solid weight a lot (more dense). Lovely subject LOL

lizwhip Mon, Apr-05-04 17:51

Weird/Gross questions are my specialty!

I read somewhere that it is not unusual for people to have anywhere from 5 to 25 pounds of "waste" in their intestines.

Liz

mio1996 Mon, Apr-05-04 18:27

Sunflower seed shells are a little rough around the edges! :eek:

killamira Mon, Apr-05-04 20:29

ya that is the suck, but things eventually roll downhill :D

146pounds Mon, Apr-05-04 20:33

I have the same problem.

I'm constipated too and last time I was in induction, I was painfully full to the brim and the hospital did an xray that showed I was in need of an enema. Definitely unpleasant but I lost like 4-5lbs after.

Stay away from cheese cause it causes constipation in induction.