Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   not hungry (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=136755)

mrjoshua Fri, Sep-12-03 12:05

not hungry

man - i am so not hungry...what does everyone do when it's time to eat and you just aren't hungry? i don't know how to get enough calories....i'm sure i'll get hungry soon..oh well, maybe i just needed to say it to folks who might understand!!!

serrelind Fri, Sep-12-03 12:11

Some foods are loaded with calories and don't require all that much time chewing lol.

Like:
Macadamia nuts
Cheese
Heavy cream
Cream cheese
Olive oil or butter

Alina Fri, Sep-12-03 12:36

I know how you feel.........
Lack of hunger is a clear sign of ketosis. I always try to eat something I really like....sometimes it works. :)
From my experience I can also tell you this will pass and then you will get really hungry.

Good luck!

Alina

Steveah Fri, Sep-12-03 12:53

I have experienced the same thing. Even though i have not been doing Atkins properly this past 6 days (way below the carb levels), i have noticed a huge change in my appetite. Really surprising, as i am one of these people who are hungry most of the time :)

Rachelle Fri, Sep-12-03 13:00

I must agree with ALINA... I go spurts where it is soooo unmotivating to eat (imagine that).. and then all of a sudden.. i can't get enough food in me... luckily i had alot of proper food to eat around the house... because it was totally unexpected hunger... LIKE BAMMMM... I am starving... and no matter what i ate... i wanted more variety...

and once again today.... i don't want to eat lunch... and don't think i will be hungry at dinner... But you just eat anyways... always eat something.

I know i just rambled... hope that helped?

hramsey76 Fri, Sep-12-03 13:23

It does seem strange that I feel like I'm forcing myself to eat sometimes. I'm afraid if I wait to long I'll get famished and go crazy!

angieK Fri, Sep-12-03 18:21

I was just thinking of my lack of hunger this week. Usually at work I would have to eat something by 10 am. Sometimes I would eat my lunch then and then at noon go buy something else to eat for lunch. Coming home at 5 pm I would always need to put supper on the table now!!!!!!.
But now I don't have that same appetite. I do eat breakfast and lunch--but not alot. A salad will do me--before a salad would not make me full. I am getting in a bad habit of eating supper at 8 or 9pm .
Next week my goal is to eat supper by six and nothing else after that.
angie

ICountToo Fri, Sep-12-03 18:33

I am finding that I am a lot more thirsty than hungry. I force myself to eat something LC every few hours so I won't get hungry and cheat later. But I am having the same experience right now - just full most all the time.

How cool is that :-)