Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Triple Digits Club (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Hi all! (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=100487)

Fester_Jr Tue, Apr-22-03 18:02

Hi all!

:wave:

Hello, everybody!

I've been lurking about here on and off over the past few months and finally decided to join in the fun (obviously). A bit about me:

(sob story)

As a fat, lonely, frustrated kid I tried a LC diet when I was 16 and lost over 100 pounds. For the first time in my life other guys didn't pick on me for no reason, girls didn't laugh at me when I talked to them and I was very happy with my life. In fact, I was so happy that I went to every party to which I was invited. And I drank the beer. Lots and lots o' beer.

The constant binge drinking, of course, led me to eat lazily again and I eventually put on all the weight I had lost and then some (try over 150 pounds). My weight fluctuation was akin to a road trip: it took what seemed to be an eternity for me to get to Thinsville, but the way back seemed to take virtually no time at all.

(/sob story)

So here I am pushing the big Three-Oh and not feeling all that terrific carrying around this extra weight, exhausting me both mentally as well as physically. Next week I begin again, but this time with the intent of embracing a new WOE and not just a diet.

I look forward to chatting with all you super-duper supportive creatures as my battle rages onward (and God willing, inward)...

The Poster Formerly Known as Lurker

:wave:

Talon Tue, Apr-22-03 18:10

Welcome former lurker! :wave:

Hopefully this time your dietary change will be for life!

celtinore Tue, Apr-22-03 18:25

Welcome! :wave: Welcome to the TDC -- it's a great place to find encouragement & support.

saski Tue, Apr-22-03 18:25

Welcome Fester!

liz175 Tue, Apr-22-03 19:42

Welcome Fester. :wave:

I'm trying to remember what the Adams family ate, but it has been too many years. Morticia was skinny -- was she low carbing?

Fester_Jr Tue, Apr-22-03 19:58

I'd chalk up that fine physique to healthy marital relations, if ya catch my drift ;)

Now Pugsley, on the other hand...that boy was one mean carb-loading little monkey. We tried to get him to up the meat content in his diet, but after Thing disappeared we decided it would be in everyone's best interest to let the kid stick to Bear Claws and Twinkies...

No, honest. True story :p

DWRolfe Tue, Apr-22-03 20:27

Welcome into the light, Fester!

And thanks for sharing your story. I tried LCing a few years ago and lost 60 pounds. Then gained it back +35 more in the blink of an eye.

But now I'm down 130lbs and I'm still losing and exercising regularly. The difference between then and now is my participation in this forum. Well, that and being crazed with the desire to get into size 38 or smaller pants again...my own, I mean.

Good luck to you!

Donald :wave:

TraceyLynn Wed, Apr-23-03 00:28

LOL DW...are you sure it is your pants you want to get into!!!

Welcome Fester...I tell you if I was not in this forum everyday keeping a faithful journal...I dont think I would have lasted this long!!! but here I am and still going strong!!!
:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Fester_Jr Wed, Apr-23-03 06:29

Thanks to all for the warm welcome!

Donald,

I saw your pictures some time ago in the Success Stories section and I must say you are nothing if not inspiring. Congrats on all you've accomplished; you've certainly earned it! As a general rule I run (well, lumber briskly is more like it) from the camera's eye, but I've taken some "before" snaps on the webcam and am eager to post a success story of my own. It's only a matter of time...

As for pant size desires I can relate. I am really really really looking forward to the day when I can tuck my shirt into a pair of size 32 (or better yet, 30) pants again. I miss those days. I miss those pants.

Well, I start next week and I am completely amped. I did this before without any support, and now that I'm here it should be easier than ever. I have the need, I have the will, I have the support. Rock on!

:thup:

thebigman Wed, Apr-23-03 07:03

Hi Fester_Jr,
welcome, sounds like you are well focused and I think planning ahead as you are doing is great. I look forward to watching that weight fall off and see the belt needing new holes punched in it. Glad you have the before pics, i can't wait till I can like wise post the results, the success stories really are awesome.

This time with the support, you will reach your goal. :daze:

Graeme.

Fester_Jr Wed, Apr-23-03 07:29

Aye, thanks for the vote of confidence, Graeme!

In no time at all I'll be needing to FedEx you a mighty big stick to help you fight off those fine Scottish lasses. I read your profile and you are doing really well! You'll be posting your success story very, very soon. Keep up the great work, catboy!

:D

(forgive the use of Scottish slang here as my knowledge is limited to "Trainspotting")

dcbrowne Wed, Apr-23-03 08:17

Welcome Fester-hope to see you around the forum posting your great progress!!!!

Tiggerdy Wed, Apr-23-03 09:13

Howdy!

From one former lurker to another... WELCOME! :wave:

This forum has pretty much become a daily ritual for me. Like TraceyLynn, I have times where this forum gets me through rough spots.

I hope to hear of your success at becoming a 'loser' like the rest of us!

See ya around!
Nikki :daizy:

PS- Your sob story sounds eerily familiar... ;)

Zora Wed, Apr-23-03 09:48

Welcome Fester!! You will find the people here to be friendly, helpful, and SO supportive.

Much luck to you!! :)

JeepGuy Wed, Apr-23-03 10:47

Welcome Fester!

Glad to have you.

This group is a daily read for me as well. I get an incredible amount of inspiration here.

Donald's my hero...which is better than when McDonald's was my hero. :p