Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Umm...anyone else notice... (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=91751)

SiriusT Tue, Mar-11-03 08:24

Umm...anyone else notice...

My hubby and I have been following Atkins for over a month and just this morning both of us noticed that we don't have gas anymore. :lol:

Are we alone here or is this some example of carbohydrate intolerance?

Amy

Alina Tue, Mar-11-03 08:28

You are not alone. I don't have them either together with many other bad things I used to have.
Good luck to you both!
Alina

vbrowne Tue, Mar-11-03 08:36

Gone forever!!!!

LOL Mom Tue, Mar-11-03 09:43

Same here! We both commented on that recently! I think it must have something to do with the increased protein. I've never eaten this much protein before.....of course, this doesn't help the "potty situation" any!!

Bleach Tue, Mar-11-03 11:02

now that you mention it....

You're right, I've noticed the same thing. But I used to eat a lot of cabbage, onions, and refried beans. And we all know what happens when we eat those things :D

Redfallon Tue, Mar-11-03 11:06

That's one of the first things I noticed when I started doing this. Now it's a good indicator of what not to eat for me. I won't eat anything that gives me that problem, including things which are 'allowable'. I'd rather not have the bloated, tummy rumbly feeling. :puke:

Redfallon Tue, Mar-11-03 11:07

That's one of the first things I noticed when I started doing this. Now it's a good indicator of what not to eat for me. I won't eat anything that gives me that problem, including things which are 'allowable'. I'd rather not have the bloated, tummy rumbly feeling. :Puke:

pbastian Tue, Mar-11-03 11:10

Yes, Yes! Just mentioned it to my DH last night. I think it's very significant, not to mention more pleasant for everyone around! :daizy:

Jannie Tue, Mar-11-03 11:14

No more gas

Yes, me too, also no more Gastro Esophagal Reflux Disorder, or indigestion-I'm REAL happy about all these benefits!

:Party:

Ruralgurl Tue, Mar-11-03 11:22

Pass the Gas!!!

I am with you!
I am assuming it is the fact that we no longer have sugar fermenting in our intestines!
Even my gas fearing mother notices the difference, and is venturing forth into forbidden food land, lettuce ,cucumber, broccoli, cabbage and cauliflower to name a few!! Can you believe she was leaving this good food out of her diet so that she can keep the sugar beasties happy!!

gonnaBlean Tue, Mar-11-03 13:12

same here.....well i guess there's a down side to everything :D

MaineDaddy Tue, Mar-11-03 13:20

Now that you mention it...

WOW You're right.

I had not noticed but you are absolutly right.

gingertea Tue, Mar-11-03 17:04

Yep you are right. No more gas, stomache pains etc. I thought it was from no wheat, but probably little sugar helps too.
Gin

janny Tue, Mar-11-03 18:39

Now if I could just get hubby to participate in wol the world would be a breath of fresh air. No, that isn't quite right-still have the yicky breath syndrome!!
Jan P

summer*rai Tue, Mar-11-03 20:27

same here

dh and I noticed the same thing...No gas...course I thought that some gas might help with the constipation problems that occured on our first month of atkins...however when I I binged on low carb candy bars I almost cramped to death....DO NOT BINGE ON CARBOLITE...