Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Are you stalled and eating LC (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=173102)

babeez1 Tue, Mar-16-04 12:41

Are you stalled and eating LC

OK, I began eating low carb candies and chocolates on an occasional basis last September. I didn't tie my stall to this change in my diet. However my weight hasn't changed in 6 months. I decided two weeks ago to cut out the LC items and still eat the same number of calories in acceptable foods. Guess what! I've lost 7 lbs in the last two weeks with no other changes in my diet or activity. So for everyone out there that has added LC items to their diet to help them stick to the diet, if you want to lose any more weight I suggest going back to a strict diet. I'm not saying I won't eat these when I'm in later stages of the diet, but since I still want to lose weight, I will lay off the LC items until I'm ready to maintain my weight.

page40 Tue, Mar-16-04 14:49

I had the same problem babeez1, so i recently did the same thing and went to whole real foods, i was using the advantage bars and i was stalled for so long, and today is my 15th day restarting induction and i am 7 pounds down amen ;0) hugs to ya and thanks for the info and reassurance that i am doing the right thing. =)

babeez1 Wed, Mar-17-04 09:58

I am so glad I'm not the only one. I was getting very frustrated with the stall. I shoudl have gotten smart a long time ago, but I think I just didn't want to part with the LC treats. It's still hard. I am trying my hardest, and I've been suceeding so far...and as a bonus, I'm not dead becasue I stopped with teh LC candies. :) So hopefully wearing smaller sizes will be treat enough!

sybs Wed, Mar-17-04 11:57

ditto! Man those candies will kill you! This is my first day of no LC candies after a wicked weekend refeed and I'm hoping to see some serious poundage dropping in the next few weeks. I really will have success in this wol, but for now I REALLY need to see some positive progress...somewhere around 185 would be such a treat!

flynnlee Wed, Mar-17-04 12:13

just out of curiousity, what type of low carb candies are you guys talking about? i stay away from any kind of candy on atkins induction, but i've heard so many people talking about them and haven't seen them. do ya'll have the names of the brands? just curious. just want to know what everyone's talking about.

i'm so glad ya'll broke your stalls!!

LadyBelle Wed, Mar-17-04 12:14

I don't eat the candies, but I have been adding in more processed foods such as teh cereals, breads and so on. I think isntead of stalling I'm actually on a slow gain :(

sybs Wed, Mar-17-04 12:27

Russell Stover (my weakness) makes all kinds of LC candies and they're marked as such. There are also Sugar Free candies, which I thought were ok, but they stall as well....everything from Lifesavers, to WHitmans Chocolates, to mint patties, to toffee squares, etc. Plus "healthy" LC protien bars, Atkins, Pria, etc and they all seem to stall me. Doesn;t matter whick one!

babeez1 Wed, Mar-17-04 12:47

I have purchased and therefore eaten everything from Reeses SF PB cups (they also have miniatures that are SF) to Russell stovers (are the best) they have many kinds...but most recently I've been getting a sugar free whitmans sampler....YUM...but I am stalled when I eat these...I've also cut out hot dogs casue of the sodium.....it all seems to be working, but the SF candies are a torment....I am still doing induction, and I knwo I'm not suppose to eat these candies on induction......but they are so good and I'd rather eat those than go buy a twix or something....My new attitude is...there will be plenty of time to eat SF candies once I get to my goal weight....WWWWHHHHHAAAAAA, I want some SF CANDIES!!! :lol:

libra81 Wed, Mar-17-04 13:46

I know, I feel the same way. I've been stalled for two months now and the only thing I've done different is add SF candies occassionally. I need to cut them out but it gets really difficult, especially the Russell Stover's, they're delicious!! But its the only thing I can contribute to a stall. I guess I have been drinking more alcohol lately but I only drink absolut vodka and diet coke but I guess that can slow weight loss too. Today I"m starting my no SF candy for a little while to see if that works, but its really hard b/c they're so good!!!

zepperdude Wed, Mar-17-04 13:49

Over the weekend - I tried Carborite and Ketogenesis products (sweets) and I stalled. Won't happen again !!!

Leenie Thu, Mar-18-04 09:14

You know once I taste those things, its all I want and its harder and harder to control. Sigh.

Quinadal Thu, Mar-18-04 09:22

The only LC items I use are Keto pasta (occasionally), LC tortillas ( a bag of 8 will last over a week), Keto fruit spread when I make cheesecake, and Pure delite coconut bar when TOM s about to visit...

pilkyd Thu, Mar-18-04 09:26

me too

Last November I hit the 70 lbs lost mark. Then came the carbsmart icecream and sf candies, atkins bar for breakfast everyday with coffee(cream and splenda). Now its March and I've bounced back and forth between 70 and 60 lbs lost. I've become more relaxed about whats worthy of a cheat day and thus stalled this whole time. The encouraging thing is that I'm not talking about gaining all the weight back, this atleast tells me that maintaining should not be a big deal when I hit my goal. It sucks to think about what I could have lost by now if I had not added the frankenfoods. But again, in the past I would have gained all the weight back, to stay within ten pounds thru the holidays and winter in general, I'll take it. Now its time to get serious and start being a loser again.

angieK Thu, Mar-18-04 09:26

I have to stop eating so much lc bread and more veggis. It would probably speed up my loss. Maybe I will start today and give it a week or so and see where I am at.
Good thread made me re-think some things. Thanks
angie