Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Atkin's diet and SWEAT? (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=104461)

Javy Sat, May-10-03 14:34

Atkin's diet and SWEAT?

Hello everyone,
It is HOT outside, starting to get into those summer months!!! HERE is a wild question I would like as many people to answer as possible. Has anyone on the Atkin's diet noticed that they do not sweat nearly as much as they use to??? I mean, I still sweat a little bit, but not as much as I use to in 90 degree heat. I use to eat LOTS of carbs and sweated like CRAZY, but I just came inside from being outside working all day and noticed that it was 95 degrees outside, but was not dampened by the wet shirt I usually get from working in 90 degree heat. So has anyone else "dryed up" from Atkin's???

Talon Sat, May-10-03 14:43

For me it has been the exact opposite. I sweat more!

Just make sure you are drinking enough water. If you are, everyone is different. Enjoy!

red1cutie Sat, May-10-03 15:01

I sweat more too! I drink 4 liters of water a day.

Peace
red

liz175 Sat, May-10-03 19:23

Maybe you are sweating less because you are thinner? There is definitely a relationship between how much we weigh and how much we sweat.

It hasn't gotten hot enough here yet for me to notice how much I am sweating compared to previous summers.

whyspers Sun, May-11-03 06:08

I definately sweat more! I used to freeze all the time. I couldn't thaw out unless it was at least 80 degrees. Now, I throw off the covers at 64 degrees and wake up in the middle of the night thirsty because I got so hot. I think my metabolism has definatelywoken up...lol.

L

Crimson Sun, May-11-03 18:19

I sweat so much more! I've been trying different kinds of anti-perspirants. I also picked up some special (doctor recommened) anti-perspirant with aluminum chloride in it. I haven't used it yet... it has to be put on at bedtime the night before! How unsual. My next plan of action is visit to my doctor; I read that there's a prescription pill you can use to reduce perspiration.

MsJinx Sun, May-11-03 19:58

Estrogen and other hormone levels are connected to amounts of perspiration.
Especially night sweats.
Jinx

MsJinx Sun, May-11-03 20:04

Not night sweats? Now I get it :daze:

I sweat a lot, particularly when exercising. I like that because I lose ketones that way without getting the ketone breath.

2bthinner! Sun, May-11-03 20:22

I sweat more too..

I'm not sure if I'm more active? I am, but I don't remember sweating this much before. But, that's okay... If it goes with being thinner, I'll take it. :D :D

Javy Sun, May-11-03 22:03

I guess carbs make you hold in more water (perspiration), therefore without them you drain better. Guess I should just drink more water.

tomt Sun, May-11-03 22:50

I sweat alot more. I even found that I'm more hot than before.
This weekend, I was in a mall with my friend and I was breaking a sweat in there. I was like turn up the AC! But, my friend thought I was crazy, b/c she was freezing, It could be that Atkins is making me more themogenic. Dunno...but I do sweat more.

nikkil Mon, May-12-03 05:32

Yep, I have to say I'm much hotter than I was before LCing. I'm always saying to people, "Is it hot in here or is it just me?". I sweat a lot more at night, as well.

There might be something to do with retaining water with carbs and now less carbs you sweat/pee out the extra water that you would have retained with the carbs???

N.

Talon Mon, May-12-03 06:57

I sweat more, but I am not hotter, I am actually colder. I credit that to the 70+ pounds of insulation gone. :)

rick77f Fri, Jul-04-03 17:05

I was going to ask about this. I sweat like crazy all day and all night. I drink water non stop too. I don't seem to be losing inches or pounds, but at least I feel better.

kari5 Fri, Jul-04-03 17:13

I sweat way more too. I can't even put on my makeup without breaking a sweat. Also, my sweat smells exactly how my breath taste. I always feel like I am burning extra fat when I sweat because of the smell.