Active Low-Carber Forums

Active Low-Carber Forums (http://forum.lowcarber.org/index.php)
-   Atkins Diet (http://forum.lowcarber.org/forumdisplay.php?f=98)
-   -   Lazy (http://forum.lowcarber.org/showthread.php?t=139070)

swtdrae Wed, Sep-24-03 09:12

Lazy

yes, that's what i am.I get up at 5:00 , I drink coffee, take a shower, get my 18 month old and my DH ready, Leave the house by 6:15, drop the baby off, and are at work by 7:00 (parents home office), eat breakfast, start work 7:30, Take lunch 11:30 for 15 min., leave work 4:30-5:00, pick the baby up and home by 6:00, fix dinner, bath the baby, watch a lil T.V. and asleep by 8:30-9:00 (depends on Law & Order). Can someone please give me advice on some good physical activity that dosn't take long and is effective.

Marlaine Wed, Sep-24-03 09:50

What are you hoping to accomplish with the "physical activity"?

Marlaine

vbrowne Wed, Sep-24-03 09:52

I go to Curves 3x per week - the circuit only takes 1/2 an hour. Even if you extend your lunch hour and start walking, you'll see a difference and feel a difference in a short time.

Good luck - Vikki

Annie-Pie Wed, Sep-24-03 10:21

Why a 15 minute lunch? You deserve to take a good break, whether it's a brisk walk around the neighborhood, or getting outside for some fresh air.
Be good to yourself, Swtdrae!

Enjoy this day!
Annie-Pie

ian559 Wed, Sep-24-03 10:22

Yes, I agree with Annie. Take a walk at lunch for 15 min and eat for 15 min. You will feel so much better

vbrowne Wed, Sep-24-03 10:22

swtdrae

Just thinking too, what do you do, that's an awefully long day with only 15 minute break.

Vikki

swtdrae Wed, Sep-24-03 10:44

I work in an office all day sitting on my BUTT.

xtena Wed, Sep-24-03 12:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by swtdrae
yes, that's what i am.I get up at 5:00 , I drink coffee, take a shower, get my 18 month old and my DH ready, Leave the house by 6:15, drop the baby off, and are at work by 7:00 (parents home office), eat breakfast, start work 7:30, Take lunch 11:30 for 15 min., leave work 4:30-5:00, pick the baby up and home by 6:00, fix dinner, bath the baby, watch a lil T.V. and asleep by 8:30-9:00 (depends on Law & Order). Can someone please give me advice on some good physical activity that dosn't take long and is effective.

:lol: you are not lazy, you're just very busy! I too work at home, and have a two year old and husband to take care of. So, here's advice from one busy working-in-a-home-office Mom to another: go buy yourself some exercise videos and commit to a minimum of 4 days a week. The Firm are great, but very difficult and not easy to do with the baby running around, because she'll try to grab your weights, jump on your stomach during ab work, and otherwise get in the way. On the other hand, Leslie Sansone walking videos are good too, and your toddler is just about at the age where she can join in. My two year LOVES to prance around while I walk saying 'Mommy Exercise!!! Baby Exercise!!!'

Is there anyway you can get your husband to cook dinner while you exercise? If not, there are plenty of meals you can make in the crockpot, rotisserie, or other time saving cooking device, and you can exercise while they cook.

If you don't like the idea of videos, put your daugher in the stroller and take a brisk walk before or after dinner, or take a longer lunch and walk before you eat.

Rachelle Wed, Sep-24-03 12:53

I would say Walking is the best way to get some exercise in... you need to take some time for yourself...
I am sure your DH will understand helping out maybe 2-3 nights a week... and give you about 45 minutes to yourself...

You sound like WonderWoman... with all the walking you are gonna start doing... you are gonna give her a run for her money on looks as well.. :)